Do they Xray bags when you board Star Clipper?

Smokeyham

A friend is going on board Star Clipper in January, and she is wondering if they xray or search bags when you board? She would like to bring a bottle on board with her, to be able to have a drink in her cabin.

Thanks for any info.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Smokeyham,

I did not see any baggage inspection on the Royal Clipper nor did I see any inspections of personal items of passengers returning to the ship from shore excursions. But I noticed there was a little sign on the back wall where the passenger steps on board that indicated that an inspection could take place, but I never once saw it done.

Therefore, the take away would be that you should not see the crew looking for a bottle in your luggage,....but that it is a possible. More important would be making sure that bottle does not break while being handled by the crew to your cabin. Also, you should keep your drinks private and in your cabin.

Hello Smokeyham,

I did not see any baggage inspection on the Royal Clipper nor did I see any inspections of personal items of passengers returning to the ship from shore excursions. But I noticed there was a little sign on the back wall where the passenger steps on board that indicated that an inspection could take place, but I never once saw it done.

Therefore, the take away would be that you should not see the crew looking for a bottle in your luggage,....but that it is a possible. More important would be making sure that bottle does not break while being handled by the crew to your cabin. Also, you should keep your drinks private and in your cabin.

Thanks so much! Great info. My friend will be discrete with this, and will pack carefully!

• 1 month later...

There was an X ray when we first boarded our cruise in the Med, but none at any of the port stops.

They told everyone that if you bought alcohol to give it to them to hold until the end. Honor system I guess?

Edited by Lerin

There was an X ray when we first boarded our cruise in the Med, but none at any of the port stops.

They told everyone that if you bought alcohol to give it to them to hold until the end. Honor system I guess?

I have a friend who is on board this week. I report back what she found after she returns next week.

• 1 month later...
I have a friend who is on board this week. I report back what she found after she returns next week.

Just reporting back that my friend very much enjoyed her time on board the Star Clipper, cruising Costa Rica and Nicaragua.

She reports that there were no Xrays and she had no problems bringing alcohol on board for enjoyment in her cabin. She also reported that bring prices on board were reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...