Luggage Tags & Final Documents

sabrefan

I believe your agent printed it. Azamara would not include your private non azamara transfers. Agents can have your luggage tags sent to them instead of you, and would be able to personalize. Azamara doesn’t do that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think you misunderstood what I posted above. Our private transfers were NOT included in the booklet that I posted the picture of above. The vouchers for the transfers were printed on regular printer paper, just as we would expect anything else we get from our agent to be printed. We just received them in the same folder that included the Azamara booklet, but they were totally separate. The booklet includes a welcome letter from the Azamara CEO, details on cruise itinerary and embarkation, info on all the onboard packages like is on the website, the self-adhesive luggage tags, the legal ticket contract language, and a page of Azamara logos.

Again, what makes me think this may have been mailed from Azamara to the travel agent is it is addressed to me, at the travel agent's office address on the back of the book. The street name for the agent's office was even misspelled in the address block - the agent would not have misspelled their own address! It's also a bit larger than normal paper sizes, so it was definitely a custom printed book. Maybe the agent did print it, but if they did, they went to incredible expense to produce it just for us and try to make it look like it came from Azamara. Not sure why they would do that.

My daughter is a travel agent, she wasn’t sent any paper document for us, just the e-doc. Maybe your travel agent printed it & bound it, or had it bound.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Grandma

We were on the infamous Costa Rica cruise with you last year and I vaguely remember the same discussion on the roll call. I think it was determined that those who received the documents via mail were in the US and received them via the larger TA's. It also appeared they were copies of the online E-Docs with completed luggage tags. The real cost to the TA is the shipping. The printing process is simple and they do it all of the time for custom itineraries. They weren't "bound" they were simply center stapled. They also have printers for doing gummed tags.

Edited by azdrydock
tyoo

Hi Grandma

We were on the infamous Costa Rica cruise with you last year and I vaguely remember the same discussion on the roll call. I think it was determined that those who received the documents via mail were in the US and received them via the larger TA's. It also appeared they were copies of the online E-Docs with completed luggage tags. The real cost to the TA is the shipping. The printing process is simple and they do it all of the time for custom itineraries. They weren't "bound" they were simply center stapled. They also have printers for doing gummed tags.

Yes, I misspoke when I used the word "bound" in my earlier posts. Center stapled is the proper term, but the nature of the staples appears to be so precise that it must have been machine produced, much like a print magazine.

Our TA is a large regional firm located in the Charlotte, NC metro area, but they are affiliated with the Frosch International travel organization. So this may be something that Azamara works with the larger TA's to produce as you suggest.

My findings...

By default everyone is set to receive e-docs. But North American guests have the option to request paper docs if they wish them.

Thanks for clearing that up. Our travel agent must have requested the paper documents. It's a very nice package.