Seaside theme nights?

margaret91326

My feeling is that Seaside is not emphasizing theme nights, based on our July Eastern Caribbean. There are just the two elegant nights. My wife did ask the YC Director. His answer was basically 'if you would like second elegant could be white night or Italian.' There is no feeling like Carnival, RCCL, or Norwegian for advertised theme nights.

My wife did bring an elegant black dress for first night and elegant white dress for second (not gowns). I was in white dinner jacket for both nights.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

PS

We were in YC and ate there all evenings. The Hotel Director Robert actually came up to us in the theater and thanked us personally for adding to the festive spirit of the elegant night. Never had that happen before. I interpreted that to mean they would like a higher level of dress on elegant nights, even on summer Caribbean cruises.

Dennis

Anyone recently sailed the Seaside? Do you know the theme nights? We are those crazy people who like to dress up on theme nights and would love a current theme party list to help with our wardrobe packing.

When I completed my reservation, a page was shown informing me of the theme nights. I assumed it would be included in the booking confirmation and did not make a copy of it. Unfortunately, that information is not in my booking confirmation. I recall one of the theme nights was the White Party. I cannot recall the other ones. Hope this helps.

PS: just found on this thread [link] that the other theme parties are Italian (red, green, white) and 70's.

Thom

Edited by tjunmin

PS

We were in YC and ate there all evenings. The Hotel Director Robert actually came up to us in the theater and thanked us personally for adding to the festive spirit of the elegant night. Never had that happen before. I interpreted that to mean they would like a higher level of dress on elegant nights, even on summer Caribbean cruises.

Dennis

I guess the flipside of his comment is the implication that most of your fellow YC guests were not so formally dressed?

I guess the flipside of his comment is the implication that most of your fellow YC guests were not so formally dressed?

We always dress up for formal nights and the crew and staff let us know they appreciate the effort. Many are getting much more casual in their dress on formal nights. Hubby wears suit and I use dressy slacks with sparkly tops.

Some suits, some jackets, some slacks and shirts. Only one other gentleman in dinner jacket. Ladies varied from not so dressy slacks to cocktail dresses.

Dennis

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We're doing 2 US-based MSC cruises next year; DH won't be bringing his dinner suit - he always brings it on cruises but feels that he'll be too over-dressed based on what's being posted on the forum about general attire in the region (we'll be in YC both times).