Rydges Hotel Sydney Airport

Has anyone stayed here? The room description states it has an 'open-plan' bathroom. This doesn't sound very attractive to me and might be the deciding factor in choosing our airport hotel.

I have asked the hotel to explain, but thought that personal experience would be more useful.

Thanks

Has anyone stayed here? The room description states it has an 'open-plan' bathroom. This doesn't sound very attractive to me and might be the deciding factor in choosing our airport hotel.

I have asked the hotel to explain, but thought that personal experience would be more useful.

Thanks

Not that one, but stayed at Many Rydges, always great.

Thanks

We have stayed there many times on the night before an early morning overseas flight and found it very pleasant, quiet and comfortable. The location can't be beaten; it's a level 2 minute walk to the International Terminal.

The bathrooms are spacious and don't have a door. They open onto the hallway to the front door, not the sleeping area. There are separate cubicles for the toilet (with a door) and the shower (without a door). On recent visits, we've found that there is a shower curtain in front of the very roomy shower. It's a bit quirky but we've never found it a problem.

Have stayed there at least 10 times, ahead of early morning flights.

The post by 'ersir' is very much our experience.

Don't worry, it is just a regular hotel, and the location makes it perfect for those flying. Clearly a lot of people have found out about it, as the nightly rates have risen and risen since it opened. The best rates are 6 months out.

Many of the rooms are really dark because the window has a really close view of the multi story carpark. Rydges has also become increasingly expensive. I believe there will be competition at the airport soon which should bring the price back down. There are other options close to the airport that are cheaper, eg you can stay at the Airport Holiday Inn with full breakfast and the return shuttle and still have change in your pocket.