MSC Black Card Questions

rklrkl

On that basis I have a question. We will soon take our first MSC cruise having been status matched to Black. Will any spend pre-cruise and during the cruise be added to the 10,000 we start with. We have already purchased an excursion and will be purchasing an internet package and probably some drinks over and above our package.

I realise it's a moot point since there isn't a higher level but am interested to know in the event that one is introduced and that we carry on cruising with MSC

You get 100 points for every €/$150 pre-cruise spend and the same for onboard spend. The spend is not combinable, so, for example, if you spend €/$149 before boarding and a similar amount (below the 150) onboard you won't get any points. Click on the "How to collect points" tab on the following:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

Thanks Bea, as ever you're a mine of information :D

You're welcome! :)

Did you notice how to get 100 bonus points?

4) BONUS POINTS: Starting from 28 July 2017, you can also collect BONUS POINTS!

You will be rewarded with 100 bonus points if you join the MSC Voyagers Club before the cruise.

Are you already a member with a confirmed booking with MSC? Then update or confirm your contact details (e.g. email, phone, address) before the cruise to gain 100 bonus points! You can easily update or confirm your contact details in the MSC Voyagers Club online private area or through the Web Check-in. Bonus points are not retroactive.

Also, keep in mind that the Daily Service Charge is counted as onboard spend, so, for a 7 night cruise for 2 where the onboard currency is Euro, you only need to spend another €10 to get 100 points (DSC is €10 pppd - $12.50 when the onboard currency is US$).

Edited by Beamafar

It will be interesting to see what it says on your Poesia Documents.

Well ... the tickets have finally arrived and our Black Card status is included. :p

However, I booked an excursion (which will be charged to the onboard account) and they've given me a voucher for the wrong one - it's not even for the same port that I booked it for. Now, originally, I had booked it (along with 2 others) but I cancelled it and a second one. They've obviously mixed it up. I don't know whether to wait 'til onboard to have it sorted (I have an email showing which one I have booked) or try to get it corrected now. :confused:

I would do it asap, you know what they are like, get onboard and find it's sold out.

Hadn't thought of that - doh! The 2 excursions are the same price, so I was focussing on what I would be charged once onboard and was thinking that it would be just a straight swap, as such. :rolleyes:

I've emailed Stuart to see if he can get onto whoever should sort it.

We matched to "black" and account currently shows 10,000 points.

We already took one cruise...shouldn't we have more than the 10k?

And I see there is an expiration date attached to account. I have not seen other cruise companies doing that.

Contact the VC rep and ask about your points, MSC had the time limit once before, possibly re introduced so that status matchers cruise once every three years in order to keep their status. That said it also applies to everyone.

Contact the VC rep and ask about your points, MSC had the time limit once before, possibly re introduced so that status matchers cruise once every three years in order to keep their status. That said it also applies to everyone.

I figured they just gave you 10k points and since that was the top status they didn't keep track after that...I guess I figured wrong!!

I would do it asap, you know what they are like, get onboard and find it's sold out.

I emailed Stuart who, it turns out, is on AL; a girl named Sophie is covering for him. She replied that she couldn't see any excursions booked so I sent her a screenshot of the voucher I'd received in the eTickets for the wrong excursion and one of what's showing on the website under the booking. This is what she replied:

"I have looked into the booking again however unfortunately I cannot see any excursions have been added to the booking."

Looks like I'll have to wait 'til onboard to have the issue sorted. :rolleyes: Maybe superior 'powers' could intervene? :confused:

On the subject of voyagers club website glitch, (for Pete) I haven't heard yet from Roxanne (though I had asked her not to contact me yesterday or today as I would have been unable to take her call). I'll update here if I get the matter resolved.

I emailed Stuart who, it turns out, is on AL; a girl named Sophie is covering for him. She replied that she couldn't see any excursions booked so I sent her a screenshot of the voucher I'd received in the eTickets for the wrong excursion and one of what's showing on the website under the booking. This is what she replied:

"I have looked into the booking again however unfortunately I cannot see any excursions have been added to the booking."

Looks like I'll have to wait 'til onboard to have the issue sorted. :rolleyes: Maybe superior 'powers' could intervene? :confused:

On the subject of voyagers club website glitch, (for Pete) I haven't heard yet from Roxanne (though I had asked her not to contact me yesterday or today as I would have been unable to take her call). I'll update here if I get the matter resolved.

thanks

I'll look forward to any info you get

I figured they just gave you 10k points and since that was the top status they didn't keep track after that...I guess I figured wrong!!

There is much speculation, fueled by things that voyagers club reps have aid, that there will be a new top tier soon, with the level being called Platinum

So accrual of points may be very useful in the future.

Pete

So ... an update on both problems (the second being more on topic by at least being about Voyagers Club)

Dave ... yesterday evening I emailed a copy of the eTickets (showing the vouchers for the wrong excursion) along with a copy of the confirmation email indicating the excursion I'd booked. Today I got a call from Sophie saying she could now see the problem and is working on getting it sorted.

Pete ... While on the phone with her, Sophie told me she requested a new password on my behalf and I received an email informing me that MSC had received a request "Thank you for requesting a new password. Click here to begin" at the same time. Sophie asked me not to do anything other than to forward that email to her; she then reset the password (I received another email informing me of this: "We confirm that your new password has been registered) and emailed the new password to me. I tried it out (using my VC number, as I always do) and it worked. However, I'm only getting the 'My Profile' tab; the one for bookings past and future is not showing. I've emailed Sophie to let her know this. At least my Black Card status has been re-instated and I can see the number of points I have. Funnily enough, the same goes for DH's when I log into his account. :confused:

I wonder if you request a new password will it sort your problem? (Though you did say that it worked once for you and then went back to the problem. I really hope the same doesn't happen on me!)

Bea ... Has a reply from Sophie as well regarding not getting emails from MSC re offers, new ships etc, I get the feeling that she either did not read my email right or ignored what I told her, her answer was to join the VC ...:o

Bea ... Has a reply from Sophie as well regarding not getting emails from MSC re offers, new ships etc, I get the feeling that she either did not read my email right or ignored what I told her, her answer was to join the VC ...:o

... similar to the experience I outlined in post #35!

The latest is I now can't access any bookings, whether using the password route or the 'booking number and name' one. The only area I can see is 'My Profile'. I'm also now back to Classic level with no points showing! :rolleyes:

So ... despite a phone call from Sophie 8 days ago to say she was requesting that the correct vouchers be issued, still no sign, nor any response to any of my emails this week asking for an update. I even escalated it to "the powers that be" (you get my meaning?) yesterday. Today - zilch from anywhere! Looks like I'm just going to have to sort it on the ship and hope that there are places left on the excursion I did book.

The latest is I now can't access any bookings, whether using the password route or the 'booking number and name' one. The only area I can see is 'My Profile'. I'm also now back to Classic level with no points showing! :rolleyes:

Same here, we are so ready to book but can’t even get in the site! I am curious how many points we got for last cruise.

We're onboard now; queued up at the excursion desk to get the vouchers for tomorrow's excursion cancelled and get the correct excursion booked. We were told that tomorrow's tickets will arrive to our cabin this evening and we have to return them to the excursion desk before they can cancel them and book the excursion we actually booked. [emoji849] we've been assured that there are places still available on the excursion we want.

I wonder if tomorrow's excursion will be delayed while they wait for us to turn up! [emoji44]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just off seaside today...hope you get your excursion issue fixed to your satisfaction. A couple issues cropped up for us....took a few times to get rectified but eventually they were....just a very annoying route to get them fixed but there is hope....enjoy the cruise

We're onboard now; queued up at the excursion desk to get the vouchers for tomorrow's excursion cancelled and get the correct excursion booked. We were told that tomorrow's tickets will arrive to our cabin this evening and we have to return them to the excursion desk before they can cancel them and book the excursion we actually booked. [emoji849] we've been assured that there are places still available on the excursion we want.

I wonder if tomorrow's excursion will be delayed while they wait for us to turn up! [emoji44]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Same here, we are so ready to book but can’t even get in the site! I am curious how many points we got for last cruise.

The same for me as well and based on this, I am down at least $100+ onboard credit. I can only get into the site, with my reservation number and have just 1100 points (my last cruise). I am really concerned, though when my travel agent calls them and sends me new invoices, all seems to be good.

I am still concerned and I would expect better for a YC booking!

Oh Bea, what a palarvar! I hope you managed to get it resolved.

I've checked our VC points after returning from our cruise last week. The pre booked points and cruise points have been added but not the bonus points or the on board spend. I've emailed but it sounds like they've a lot of queries ongoing.