Cruising After Gallbladder Removal

Luvtoeat

My comment? Inappropriately joking. Your comment about no medical training? Would you like to pay my student loans?

My point was that people who eat high fat, high cholesterol, low fibre diets put themselves at risk for gallbladder disease.

You missed the class where they taught not to jump to conclusions and not to try to excuse a rude comment by putting a smiley face on it.

There are many risk factors for gall bladder disease besides diet, but I guess you missed that class as well.

This really, really, really is a question for your doctor.

PS - I had my gall bladder out at only 19 years old and a size 4! I doubt very much that I was able to eat a bunch of fatty, high cholesterol foods in that brief a time. Many things can cause gall stones, including

• Your genes
  • Your weight
  • Problems with your gallbladder or bile production
  • Diet

40+ years later, I STILL don't have high cholesterol. So don't be so judgmental about stuff.

You missed the class where they taught not to jump to conclusions and not to try to excuse a rude comment by putting a smiley face on it.

There are many risk factors for gall bladder disease besides diet, but I guess you missed that class as well.

I already said my comment was inappropriate. Sorry.

As you are well aware there many risk factors...but as cheeseburgers and fries were being mentioned that is what I was focusing on. The “Fs” come to mind..female, fat, forty, fatty foods, fertile, sedentary and some ethnic groups. Rapid weight loss too. I’m sure there are others.

I guess I didn’t skip out that class after all.

I had mine out 6 years ago and now I take a bile supplement (ox bile 125mg) with every meal to ensure I don't suffer stomach pain from food. Higher fat foods require an extra pill no fat foods require 1 less pill. I have no pain but I am still careful about what I eat, stay away from deep fried foods and high fats if I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my gallbladder out last week and was sore for 3-4 days. Now it will be interesting to see how long it will take to slowly get back to eating the things I like. We cruise in 6 weeks and I would hate to pass up my favorite cruise breakfast item eggs/salmon benedict. I will try to not eat any bad foods for the next couple of weeks so hopefully my system will adjust.

After having my gallbladder, my surgeon told me to ease into my regular diet. I had to be in close proximity to a bathroom for that first month, salads were particularly bothersome. But the upside was that I could eat anything for those few months and not gain weight. Sadly, I no longer have that super power.

I went in for the lap surgery and they had to switch to the full cut. That was not a fun recovery.

Also I had digestive issues after the surgery and it was because I was not eating enough fat to absorb for bile I was producing. Now I eat everything. More than I did before surgery. I only get into trouble with a low fat lifestyle

Great, glad it worked out co worker went in for lap and wound up with regular surgery, out of work 6 weeks. I had lap on Friday, back to work Monday.

Funny thing, I can eat anything since surgery love hot stuff.