Star Clipper - 3/3/12 and 3/10/12 BTB

smokinmike

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First time on the SC for me too but my wife has been aboard several times. We did a 10 day aboard the Royal Clipper in March of this year and we were both very happy with that cruise in all respects. I'm sure ya'll will be happy - the Caribbean in March is a good place to be!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

my husband and i are also booked for this sailing. We have been on the royal in 2009, the star clippper for the eastbound panama canal cruise this past feb. Looking forward to the bvi, they are so beautiful. Cheers from dockgirl

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Just booked 3/10 as well for my kids spring break. My family did the Costa Rica to Panama cruise last year and we had a ball. Can't wait to do a repeat! Anyone have any advice on hotels. Flying in 3/9 and flying out 3/19. Don't want to spend a bundle? Any advice would be appreciated.

We stayed at Divi Little Bay before our cruise. Lots of different room types to choose from. When the ship departure was delayed a day, Star Clipper put us up at the Sonesta Maho Bay. Nice hotel but it's right next to the airport runway so you need to get a room facing the water, which raises the price. All the Hotels in the area are struggling with hurricane damage, bugs and general tropical moisture. It comes with the territory. Lots of Trip advisor reviews mention poor service. The pace of life is slower, take a deep breath and enjoy :).

My wife and I are booked in La Plantation near Orient Bay for several days post-cruise - seems like a nice place, not all that expensive and it's about a five minute walk to the beach. We've never stayed there but people on TripAdvisor seem to be happy with their stay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, we made it home late last night. Today, dirty laundry and dive gear are scattered everywhere. Groceries have been purchased (we have to cook for ourselves now -yuk!) and the dogs have been reclaimed from the kennel.

Smokinmike and CassNJ it was very nice to meet you, your spouses and family. We hope to see you again sometime on another Star Clipper ship.

Thanks to the officers and crew of the spv Star Clipper for another great trip!

Nancy and I had a great time meeting everyone, enjoying the conversations, the laughter, great food, beautiful islands and an outstanding ship and crew.

Thanks for the memories!

. . . we're thinking about the Amalfi Coast aboard one of the Clippers . . .

Archived