Are the Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines coming soon?

I just read that you have to go to the bar to get pop on Celebrity. If we're going to pay $9 a day it would be nice to have an easy refill station without flagging someone down or feeling like we owe a tip. Royal Caribbean should add the freestyle machines on all their ships and lines. Why not? Carnival's Bottomless Bubbles program is at least easy to use and only $7.50 per day. Neither of us drink heavy sugar drinks anymore, but I like my Diet Coke and Cindy mostly drinks the fizzy flavored water.

Any of you folks with me on this?

I much prefer cans to fountain sodas, so I think it's a terrible idea to go to the Freestyle machines. It doesn't take long to go to a bar and ask for one.

Gratuities are included in your package, btw, though I know you added that sentence to try to get a rise out of people.

I much prefer cans to fountain sodas, so I think it's a terrible idea to go to the Freestyle machines. It doesn't take long to go to a bar and ask for one.

Gratuities are included in your package, btw, though I know you added that sentence to try to get a rise out of people.

Ok if they have chilled cans handy that's not as bad as I thought. Royal Caribbean is adding the freestyle machines onto their ships.

13.jpg.4866d2c3f306772d540ceaacdaaca574.jpg

On the Solstice we were advised by the Food and Beverage DIrector that cans if not already on all ships would become the norm because of the inconsistency of soda machines

Wow, that’s great to hear.

Hope Celebrity does not take too many more ideas from other cruise lines...loses a bit more of its identity each time they do so.

Cans are best to insure sanitary and consistent product..

I just read that you have to go to the bar to get pop on Celebrity. If we're going to pay $9 a day it would be nice to have an easy refill station without flagging someone down or feeling like we owe a tip. Royal Caribbean should add the freestyle machines on all their ships and lines. Why not? Carnival's Bottomless Bubbles program is at least easy to use and only $7.50 per day. Neither of us drink heavy sugar drinks anymore, but I like my Diet Coke and Cindy mostly drinks the fizzy flavored water.

Carnival's program is at the bar and they usually fill the glass with bubbles and its about 1/2 the can. I have been given the can on Celebrity with my glass and ice. I feel that is so much better.

Nope. Soda by the can is far superior to soda from these machines. I hope the machines never find their way to Celebrity.

I agree with the other posters. Every RC cruise ship I've sailed on has these fountain machines in only 2 places on the entire ship...that's 2 soda machines for 4000-6000 passengers. AND, on every RC ship I've sailed, at least one of the machines was out of service!

Fountain soda machines and ice dispensing machines are also notoriously not kept clean in many venues.

It is hoped Celebrity will not introduce this product on their ships...I love being able to get a can of Diet Coke on my drink package.

On the Solstice we were advised by the Food and Beverage DIrector that cans if not already on all ships would become the norm because of the inconsistency of soda machines

I am really pleased to hear this. With those Freestyle machines, don’t you also have to carry your own cup everywhere as well? I wouldn’t want to have to do that.

I agree with the consensus on this thread that Celebrity should not implement the Freestyle machines on their ships. Although I do enjoy the machine at some land based fast food restaurants because of all the options available.

On Princess they have removed cans from their Premium Drink Package. Fountains drinks only. Most people believe that they implemented this change to reduce sharing of one package and it certainly reduces the cost.

Celebrity’s use of a variety of canned soda drinks (including CFDC) is a positive attribute IMO.

Royal Caribbean is adding the freestyle machines onto their ships.

Our experience with them on Anthem last September is that they were frequently down. Not a big deal in the Windjammer since they had multiple machines, but when the one in Sbarro's went down it was... annoying.

This would also required Celebrity to offer the RFID-enabled cups. I'm not sure that the target market for Celebrity is intersted in washing out their cup after every meal. :rolleyes:

--bruce T.

I think the machines are great as long as they sell a re-usable cup for them. It would save so much money on washing all the glasses and save a lot of straws being used, when we don't need them.

I don't drink soda, only fizzy water/sparkling water so maybe others may not like it.

I think the machines are great as long as they sell a re-usable cup for them. It would save so much money on washing all the glasses and save a lot of straws being used, when we don't need them.

I don't drink soda, only fizzy water/sparkling water so maybe others may not like it.

If I had it my way we would have the freestyle machines in every cabin that ordered a soda package - few on each deck. Better yet fill our ice buckets or refrigerators with these cans of pop. I don't care how they do it but the more convenient the better. I recently upgraded my balcony to eat at Blue - and if I can choose my own fruit, let me choose my own fizz. :champagne-toast:

Folks we don't need help from the bartenders grabbing a piece of fruit from the buffet.

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter

I hate using the soda machines in fast food restaurants. People are sloppy when they fill them and the thought of reusable cups makes me squeamish. That's a great way to pass along colds and norovirus. I'd rather stick with cans.

Folks we don't need help from the bartenders grabbing a piece of fruit from the buffet.

Why don't you sail on a Celebrity ship first before demanding changes to things that already work fine?

If I had it my way we would have the freestyle machines in every cabin that ordered a soda package - few on each deck. Better yet fill our ice buckets or refrigerators with these cans of pop. I don't care how they do it but the more convenient the better. I recently upgraded my balcony to eat at Blue - and if I can choose my own fruit, let me choose my own fizz. :champagne-toast:

Never understood why they dont have a vending machine or two on each decksome snacks, cans of drink etc swipe your card and off you go.