Piano bar on Celebrity infinity?

ckcflorida

Back in the day, MIchaels Club often had a piano player in the evening, which we really enjoyed, especially on the M class ships. This was before Michaels became a suites only venue. No other piano bar.

In addition to what others have said, some ships have a pianist/singer as part of the rotating lounge live music acts. For example on the Summit cruise I just took, Peter R. often performed on a grand piano in the Grand Foyer or Rendezvous Lounge.

Back in the day, MIchaels Club often had a piano player in the evening, which we really enjoyed, especially on the M class ships. This was before Michaels became a suites only venue. No other piano bar.

IIRC, they also had cigar smoking when that was a thing. I don't think that would go over very well today.

In addition to what others have said, some ships have a pianist/singer as part of the rotating lounge live music acts. For example on the Summit cruise I just took, Peter R. often performed on a grand piano in the Grand Foyer or Rendezvous Lounge.

But unfortunately the venues with a piano in that niche over looking the Grand Foyer or in the RendezVous are very different than in a small dedicated lounge. Just lacks the intimacy of a traditional piano bar. We were on the Summit for twenty-one nights (apparently the second leg of our B2B was the the Summit cruise ZapRowsdower was also on), and several times Peter Rossetti played in Michael's Club. A very different venue, and with its intimate size, had the feel of a traditional piano bar. It was lovely.

They use to have a few regular piano entertainers on some ships. Perry Grant and Jordan Peterson.

I think X tries to maximizing its limited entertainment budget and didn’t feel it was worth having them.

Perry has his following/groupies and I think X didn’t want to meet his demands for the venue he wanted. He like a intimate setting that would be packed instead of a large area like the Sky Lounge that looked empty when he performed.

Jordan was treated as a after thought that usually played in or next to Cafe al Bacio.

Princess always had a true piano bar and it was generally packed every night. Haven’t sailed on Princess in a few years so I don’t know it they still do.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just an FYI, Carnival also has a piano bar. But! It is more miss than hit. We cruise Carnival with the kids were and we all love to sing. On one cruise the piano player could not physically sing. I asked him about it (thinking he was sick or had over used it) and he said he's been that way for years. What? You hire a piano bar player that you know can't sing?