Familiar Face.

chromered7

Many people on this site have travelled thousands of miles on their various cruises or holidays. On reaching your cruise or on a cruise stop have you randomly then bumped into a neighbour, relative , or even a famous person and did this have any affect on your cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many people on this site have travelled thousands of miles on their various cruises or holidays. On reaching your cruise or on a cruise stop have you randomly then bumped into a neighbour, relative , or even a famous person and did this have any affect on your cruise?

We're sailing on the QM2 next month and are looking forward to meeting the Queen and having high tea with her. Does that count?

We're sailing on the QM2 next month and are looking forward to meeting the Queen and having high tea with her. Does that count?

Which Queen? There are quite a few to select from... including wannabes too...

LOL

bon voyage

Absolutely, wife and I took a cruise, no kids for our 15th anniversary many, many years ago. I ran into three of my 2nd cousins who I had not seen in many years. They lived in Florida and cruised quite frequently, it was fun visiting them on the cruise. Funny thing on that cruise was they were traveling with a man who was a double for someone we worked with at home.

Here's one. We are from Oregon. Another couple was also going on a cruise from Oregon around the same time on a different ship. Imagine our surprise when we walk into them at the tender port of Mykonos 2 weeks later.

Yes, my DH always appears to see someone he knows either at the airport, on the aircraft, on our pre/post stays or on the actual cruise. One year, he bumped into a couple (who were one of his customers) celebrating their honeymoon on our Equinox sailing in Panama. Definitely a small world.

We were waiting in a huge crowd of people for our tour guide in Nassau when I heard someone calling my name. I was surprised to see one of the nursing students from the hospital I worked at. Next day, we are waiting in line to disembark at another port, when my husband hears his name. It was a person from another law enforcement agency he had worked with on several cases.:D

Sherri

A bunch of years ago, my DH and I took a last minute cruise out of Charleston. The price was right, so we made the long drive down from Boston to SC. At that time I was working as a swimming coach. First day of the cruise sitting by the pool I heard hi coach. It turned out the family of one of my swimmers had a family reunion on this cruise. In addition to my swimmer, about 10 of his cousins said hi coach every time they saw me.

Not on Celebrity but we kept running into this same couple on different cruises while sailing on Princess. We live on opposite coasts but just kept picking the same cruises, I guess.

We also ran into a couple on a Carnival Cruises that we sailed with previously on a Celebrity cruise.

And, since we take a lot of cruises out of our home port in San Francisco, we usually run into somebody we know from our area...less so since we’ve both retired, though. Back in 2000, we met one of our neighbors on a cruise through the Panama Canal, though. Although we lived just a few doors down from one another for a number of years, we first met them down in Costa Rica on the old Mercury. The cruising world is small one.

This is a habit of ours. Two years ago walking through Ocean View on Embarkation Day shout went up and it was a former colleague of DH this year second night MDR dinner clients of my firm. Few years back on a Nile Cruise a school friend of my brother! Managed to mainly avoid on Celeb but the Nile cruise they were nightmares

DH was getting sushi (when they had it in Oceanview each night) when he noticed he was beside our local nightly news anchor and they chatted for a while. Nice friendly guy, but his wife, not so much. I think she thought no one would recognize him on a cruise to Australia.

We were on a Celebrity Med cruise in 2012 and had arranged private tours with a Canadian woman and her adult son, so we became friendly and enjoyed their company. Fast forward to 2016–some friends talked us into a Panama Canal cruise on Princess. We were on an excursion in Cartegena and the bus stopped at a very congested shopping area. I stepped off the bus and right before me was the son, with his wife. I said “Hello, Mitch”his name (our travel companions thought I was delusional!) and he stopped dead in his tracks, and we started chatting. We both remembered each other immediately and he introduced me to his lovely wife. Funny that they were on Infinity docked next to us! Small world!

Not on a cruise but last summer we spent 3 days in Florence before heading to Rome for our med cruise. We had just checked into the hotel, freshened up to go out exploring. I walked out the door and standing right across the street was the president of my company. He was so stunned to see me he couldn't remember my name [emoji3] (it's a small company and I've been there 7 years). Neither one of us knew the other was going to Italy. Fun coincidence.

DH and I were sitting at a table for 4 in the Martini Bar on the Eclipse and a couple asked if they could join us. They were from a completely different part of the country as us. Fast forward a couple of hours and them asking what my husband did for a living. Works for a bank says he. My son works for a bank he said. To make a long and funny story short their son and my husband have been working together for 20+ years and are really good friends.

Not me but a friend and his wife were on a cruise .One night they went to the theater to see a show and found that a guy was holding seats for friends. My friend was upset about this because this is something not to be done .A few minutes later the friends came in and they were my friends next door neighbors.