Room selection

Nicnoll

We are first time cruisers for Viking and going on the Homelands September 2019. We selected room 4038 dv from those still available. Any advice whether this has any drawbacks? Midship, just a couple down from elevator. Thx for any expertise you can share!

We are first time cruisers for Viking and going on the Homelands September 2019. We selected room 4038 dv from those still available. Any advice whether this has any drawbacks? Midship, just a couple down from elevator. Thx for any expertise you can share!

We were in 4046 for 4 months this Spring and can say that we have just booked 4050 for another 4+ months. I guess we think DV on 4 deck is pretty good! We found 4 deck to be very quiet, unobstructed views, equal distance from 1 deck and 7 deck. Really had no cabin related issues in our time onboard. The only complaints I heard from fellow passengers are the cabins on 3 deck over Torshaven. Complaints about music noise during rehearsals in the day and opening hours at night. No other complaints from anyone..... Very unusual compared to other lines.;p

We've been twice in DV on Deck 4 - different ships, but 4073 each time, which is right beside the elevators. No noise at all, and so convenient for all venues onboard. We booked two days ago for the final sector of the 2019 World Cruise (Durban S.A. to Greenwich) and have 4079 this time.

You will love Viking, I'm sure.

Thx....excited! Not big cruisers, actually, because we like planning and doing it our way. But my husband let me select this trip, and feel like it will be a nice way to see this area. We are extending in Norway at the end and planning to go early too...still deciding on the front end. We leave out of Stockholm.

Stockholm is a favorite. Did the hop on, hop off bus and the canal cruise. So much to see and beautiful city. Used Alla in St. Petersburg, guide had lived in Texas a few months- excellent. Norway was beautiful, did the train from Bergen to Oslo. Long ride, the glaciers were stunning. Lots of posts on other threads. Consider private tours to supplement Viking tours.

We were in 4046 for 4 months this Spring and can say that we have just booked 4050 for another 4+ months. I guess we think DV on 4 deck is pretty good! We found 4 deck to be very quiet, unobstructed views, equal distance from 1 deck and 7 deck. Really had no cabin related issues in our time onboard. The only complaints I heard from fellow passengers are the cabins on 3 deck over Torshaven. Complaints about music noise during rehearsals in the day and opening hours at night. No other complaints from anyone..... Very unusual compared to other lines.;p

Good to hear excellent reports from this area, as we will be 4 cabins down the alleyway in 4058, getting on when you disembark.

Good to hear excellent reports from this area, as we will be 4 cabins down the alleyway in 4058, getting on when you disembark.

Oh no! Not THAT cabin! Hahaha, just kidding. A very quiet deck. And the layout on Viking is such that all areas are convenient. I look forward to hearing your take on this beautiful ship.:cool:

Oh no! Not THAT cabin! Hahaha, just kidding. A very quiet deck. And the layout on Viking is such that all areas are convenient. I look forward to hearing your take on this beautiful ship.:cool:

I'm hoping to pick your brains on the night before we board, possibly enjoying a few rums or hopped beverages.

We had booked a DV on deck 4 for our 2018 Homelands. Got an upgrade so can't comment on that level, but the ship was wonderful. Definitely book 3 or 4 days in Stockholm pre-cruise. We had a B&B in Sodermalm and walked everywhere. Very easy hike to Old Town. Hop-on-Hop off bus & boat are a great way to hit the highlights of the city -- best HOHO system we've used. Stockholm is well suited to self touring with good bus and subway services. Great city to visit and we still did not see all the tourist spots. In SPB we booked a private 2 day with TJ as there were specific sights I wanted to visit. Excellent. We had 3 nights in Bergen post cruise to "relax" (walk and explore) before taking the train to Oslo -- another city that is easy to explore on your own -- for our last 3 days. Can't wait to return to Norway.

• 3 weeks later...

Also had a cabin on Deck 4 aft on the Homelands Cruise last September. Found it to be very convenient and quiet. Really enjoyed the cruise, particularly Tallinn and Gdansk. Did 2 days in St Petersburg with Alla which was excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums