Port times?

ikesyd

In general, it is not shown on the Viking website. It should be on your Viking invoice once you put down your deposit.

Viking describes itself as a port intensive cruise line and aims wherever possible to give us a full day in each port. However, that intent is tempered by many factors.

Still there is a pattern. Looking at my past two VO cruises and future 2020 cruise, arrival in port tends to be between 7 and 8 although sometimes as early as 6 (Warnemünde on Viking Homelands), occasionaly around noon or 1pm (Ålborg on VH, Belize on Panama & Central America, Naples on future Med&Adriatic Sojourn). Departures anywhere between 6pm and midnight but occasionaly earlier. As Peregrina says, the place to look is on the 2nd or 3rd page of your invoice.

Aren't you guys glad I'm a little data packrat?[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still there is a pattern. Looking at my past two VO cruises and future 2020 cruise, arrival in port tends to be between 7 and 8 although sometimes as early as 6 (Warnemünde on Viking Homelands), occasionaly around noon or 1pm (Ålborg on VH, Belize on Panama & Central America, Naples on future Med&Adriatic Sojourn). Departures anywhere between 6pm and midnight but occasionaly earlier. As Peregrina says, the place to look is on the 2nd or 3rd page of your invoice.

Oh yes, we are!!!! :D You are :halo:

I’m glad! You should start another spreadsheet with the port times. :D

Spent my career in IT with databases, so I appreciate your gathering and disseminating data! I’ll be glad to contribute our 2019 VH Stockholm to Bergen times since the itinerary has changed somewhat from the trip you did in 2016.

I’m glad! You should start another spreadsheet with the port times. :D

Spent my career in IT with databases, so I appreciate your gathering and disseminating data! I’ll be glad to contribute our 2019 VH Stockholm to Bergen times since the itinerary has changed somewhat from the trip you did in 2016.

Ah! Gave myself away I did. You got me. I be a database person among other things. Have developed many a spreadsheet over the years - some integrated with a DB front end. Re spreadsheet, that in fact is what I was reading from when I wrote that post. On another thread I've described what I prepare when planning for which excursions to book or reserve - a spreadsheet and a big Word doc - containing all the excursion data I can get my hands on. The port arrival and departure times are captured in the spreadsheet.

If you have a particular itinerary you want to know port times for you can call your friendly Viking rep and ask for a cabin to be put on hold. They will send you a nearly complete booking form with port times listed starting on page three. The booking expires in a week if you do not complete it. No deposit needed.:cool:

Thanks for the tip of the dummy booking so we can see the port times. Looking at Viking Homelands or Into the Midnight Sun & maybe British Islands explorer B2B with one of them.Still have plenty of time to decide and amount of time/arrival departure time will help with decision.

Not to be a debbie downer or anything, but you should keep in mind that timing depends on a lot of factors, and the same cruise going in one direction could have different hours going the opposite direction, or slightly different hours due to docking/tide conditions, or vary a little from the schedule once the time for docking or cruising rolls around. Just be flexible! In general, though, from what I've seen after many years of cruising with Viking and Oceania, the most typical scenario is 8 or 9 AM to 5 or 6 PM. Keep in mind that most of the time, you'll be asked to be back on the ship a half hour pre-sail time. On embarkation day, or day after if you're in port overnight, you may be required to be back on board earlier than this because of a mandatory safety drill. Also, on occasion, the ship may be a little late getting in. For embarkation and disembarkation days, often the ship will get in early but you'll still need to wait a little the ship is cleared by the authorities, luggage is taken off, security and other systems/people are in place, etc. Therefore, you'll end up getting off the ship around the same time as the time reflected in the itinerary.

Bottom line = be flexible, and don't plan things too precisely. Stuff can happen.

If you have a particular itinerary you want to know port times for you can call your friendly Viking rep and ask for a cabin to be put on hold. They will send you a nearly complete booking form with port times listed starting on page three. The booking expires in a week if you do not complete it. No deposit needed.:cool:

Sneaky indeed! [emoji16]