Where does Viking Sea Dock in San Juan in January?

debbyLA

Viking says they don't know yet :eek:. Port authority has list of other cruise ships docking location for Jan 2019 in San Juan.

Anyone taken the West Indies cruise and where did the Viking ship dock in San Juan- pier 1,2,3 or 4?

Thanks-DebbyLA

Viking says they don't know yet :eek:. Port authority has list of other cruise ships docking location for Jan 2019 in San Juan.

Anyone taken the West Indies cruise and where did the Viking ship dock in San Juan- pier 1,2,3 or 4?

Thanks-DebbyLA

I don’t know if this helps but Viking usually docks In Old San Juan not at the new Pan American pier. I think it was pier 1

This is a photo from the ship.

11591909370908356889b109ef64b8d2.jpg

This was the sign

fd6ed9f3aa022134e13b04ab67393399.jpg

Cyber Kat,

Thanks for the information.

Any input about what absolutely what is not to be missed on any of the islands on this cruise?

DebbyLA

One of our absolute favorite was that photography tour in Barbados. Small group. Fantastic tour guide/photographer who took us to some unusual and fabulous places with spectacular views. You don’t have to be all that interested in photography to enjoy it. He gave tips for casual photographers who just shot selfies with a cellphone.

330a6d24e34b849964bbe5632b3acfcb.jpg

c2734c73e7548d2672c10a0a4074756e.jpg

96a783ca4831fdfbf26b46c2e385776a.jpg

142547538ac9acc13c1809c3c7ab6af6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the lovely pics.

My interest in which dock: old town pier 1-4 or new pan American as flying into PR a couple of the hours before the San Sebastian fiesta parade and wanted to do some transportation planning so we could make it to the parade.

Thanks you again for your help.

DebbyLA

More likely you’ll be leaving and returning to the Pan American terminal which is not within walking distance of Old San Juan. The old SAN Juan piers are usually used for those cruise ships that are in transit for one day. Most cruises starting and ending in SJ use the Pan American terminal which is better able to handle embarking and debarking passengers especially for US customs officials. This was the case for our Celebrity cruise last year from SJ. We are also booked on the Feb 7 Viking Sea cruise from SJ. As of now, we are scheduled to leave from the PA terminal along with the Silversea Spirit which also will be doing a round trip Caribbean cruise from SJ on the same date. You can do a google search to verify. As always this of course is subject to change.

We boarded the Sea for transatlantic last spring at the pier in old town. From what I’ve seen, this is where Viking docks regardless. That’s why so many Viking passengers book hotels in the old town—close to the ship.

the photo excursion is not offered in Barbados on our Caribbean/Amazon trip this year but one of the other ports does offer the same type of excursion although I thought it was Very expensive...

More likely you’ll be leaving and returning to the Pan American terminal which is not within walking distance of Old San Juan. The old SAN Juan piers are usually used for those cruise ships that are in transit for one day. Most cruises starting and ending in SJ use the Pan American terminal which is better able to handle embarking and debarking passengers especially for US customs officials. This was the case for our Celebrity cruise last year from SJ. We are also booked on the Feb 7 Viking Sea cruise from SJ. As of now, we are scheduled to leave from the PA terminal along with the Silversea Spirit which also will be doing a round trip Caribbean cruise from SJ on the same date. You can do a google search to verify. As always this of course is subject to change.

Viking leaves from the docks by Old San Juan. We did, and the cruises I was following before ours did. We had a Silversea ship next to us. We were not at the transient ship pier, but a pier closer to the Old Gate.

Viking, with their smaller passenger count, doesn’t require the facilities the larger ships do. We walked in. The porter took our luggage and walked with us through a brief carry on and document check. We parted ways when we got to the check in tables inside. They looked at our passports, gave us our ship cards and led us along a red carpet to the gangway. We boarded, put our carry ons through the scanner, were handed a glass of bubbly and were welcomed aboard.

Easiest embark EVER! Debark was just as easy. Walked off the ship had a nice chat with the one customs agent and that was it.

This is from the book Viking sends with your cruise info

f645531d9c545be211e628640f6f2849.jpg

The pier did have some damage from the hurricane, so it is possible that they are doing repairs.

OP I would call Viking instead of trusting a Google search - but that’s me [emoji16]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We boarded the Sea for transatlantic last spring at the pier in old town. From what I’ve seen, this is where Viking docks regardless. That’s why so many Viking passengers book hotels in the old town—close to the ship.

That was our experience! We could have walked from El Convento Hotel.

Well I certainly hope cyber cat is right about this since we’ll be staying at the El Convento Hotel pre cruise which is indeed a whole lot closer.

You will love that hotel, we stayed there on our first cruise out of Puerto Rico and we just absolutely loved it. If we do decide to spend the night before or after we will definitely book it again it’s pricey but well worth it

• Like 2

• 4 years later...