AFT facing cabins on VIKING

Nimbus123

Hi! We are in the process of booking Dec 2019 Panama canal cruise on Viking Star and are having a hard time deciding between one of the Aft cabins (we are holding 5111) and one of the Penthouse Verandas mid-ship. Obviously the latter is more expensive but has some perks. We like the idea of the wake views but are concerned with the pool overhang - too much shade? Feeling boxed-in? Any other pros/cons from people who have stayed in aft cabins on VIKING? Many thanks in advance!

It is a wonderful overview! Thanks little Monty! Very thorough and gives me a better sense of the differences between standard and penthouse veranda.

I would still love to hear from anyone who actually stayed in any of the aft facing cabins.

It was NOT on a Viking ship but we had an AFT stateroom when went through the panama canal and it was GREAT to see both sides at the same time!!! We had a fun party in the stateroom that lasted most of the transit!!!

However on the Viking ships there are great public areas available to watch both sides!!!

It was NOT on a Viking ship but we had an AFT stateroom when went through the panama canal and it was GREAT to see both sides at the same time!!! We had a fun party in the stateroom that lasted most of the transit!!!

However on the Viking ships there are great public areas available to watch both sides!!!

Thanks so much Deec! Great to know!

We stayed in 5110 on the Star on the West Indies cruise.

I don’t even remember having an overhang! I was a very sunny balcony when facing the sun.

How many seadays do you have? We love the aft for watching the wake but we had 0 or 1 sea days. We did not feel boxed in.