Walking Brooklyn Bridge

majortom10

We are going on QM2 roundtrip TA in October and are thinking of catching the Red Hook Ferry to Pier 11 and then walking to 9/11 museum/memorial and then walking back over the Brooklyn Bridge to the cruise terminal. Is this ambitious and feasible or would we be better catching the return ferry from Pier 11 instead.

It's quite a distance. I would suggest you to walk only until Borough Hall in Brooklyn and take a Bus from there.

It's B61 from Joralemon/Court St. to Van Brunt/Pioneer St. There is a pedestrian gate at the end of Pioneer St where you can easily walk through and get back to the ship

We are going on QM2 roundtrip TA in October and are thinking of catching the Red Hook Ferry to Pier 11 and then walking to 9/11 museum/memorial and then walking back over the Brooklyn Bridge to the cruise terminal. Is this ambitious and feasible or would we be better catching the return ferry from Pier 11 instead.

The leg after the Brooklyn Bridge down to the cruise terminal goes through some not very scenic areas. You might want after crossing the bridge, to go to the DUMBO ferry terminal (Tillary St/Camden Plaza W/Old Fulton St) and take it from there back to the Red Hook cruise terminal. This is a stop the ferry makes from pier 11 Wall street to Red Hook anyway. In any case, try a test walk on Google Street view. It will give you a good feel for the trek.

I find the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to be much more visually exciting when walking from Brooklyn to Manhattan. Hope you enjoy it either way you go.

When I lived in Brooklyn I often walked to work ,a 6 mile walk each way and found it very invigorating.

Your proposal is great up to the point of after you cross the Brooklyn Bridge. Downtown Brooklyn and the nearby neighborhoods are terrific, but not so for the area near the Red Hook cruise terminal. If you have energy left after walking across the Bridge (which I love), explore Brooklyn Heights or Boerum Hill. Then take a cab (or the bus, as someone else recommended) back to Red Hook.

Our plan was to wlak over the bridge and then straight back to Red Hook to get back on QM2 but I think it might be now a bit too ambitious and we will hopefully catch the ferry back from Pier 11 to Red Hook. What worries me is getting into Manhattan and then getting back to Red Hook from Pier 11. We have "liked" their Facebook page sand there always seem to be a lot of last minute cancellations and seem very unreliable so worry about being stuck at Pier 11 with no ferry.