Mini bar

Floflegs

Often they get stored under the bed or in the bottom of a wardrobe. The reason is, they have a problem knowing what to do with the stock ,as these items have already been drawn ( paper work) from either the bonded store or the general ships stores. They cannot be sent back to where they were originally drawn from .

Reading some of the posts recently ( where guests have been charged for supposed items after they have left the ship) it is my intention in the future ( and I suggest others might like to take this up) to contact the 'Deck Housekeeping Supervisor' and arrange that 'their final closing account' of the mini bar is 'completed in my presence' early morning of disembarkation or the evening before.

That might go a long way in rectifying this ongoing problem .......let's see ;)

We were on a June TA. We simply asked our stewardess if it was possible to have items removed. She said “certainly,” and when we returned to our room after dinner, the fridge was empty. The contents weren’t stored in our room.

We asked because I’m not a morning person and dislike eating breakfast in the Kings Court. Each late afternoon I brought items like fresh melon and berries from the KC to our fridge in order to supplement room service breakfasts. There is a fruit cup on the room service menu, but choosing my own fruit was preferable.

We were on a June TA. We simply asked our stewardess if it was possible to have items removed. She said “certainly,” and when we returned to our room after dinner, the fridge was empty. The contents weren’t stored in our room.

We asked because I’m not a morning person and dislike eating breakfast in the Kings Court. Each late afternoon I brought items like fresh melon and berries from the KC to our fridge in order to supplement room service breakfasts. There is a fruit cup on the room service menu, but choosing my own fruit was preferable.

I expect the fridge items might have been stored in their 'stewards pantry' (service area on each corridor). Much better than under the bed or the bottom of the wardrobe. ;)

Why not have the fruit delivered with your breakfast, i’m sure it would be fresher that the fruit you selected the day before?

I like to put our own drinks (soda, champagne) as well as the ice bucket in it. This is all easier if the ship's product has been removed. If you remove it yourself you run a minor risk of being charged for the "missing" contents.

Just leaving Southampton on the Q.V. now.

I asked our steward to remove d erythibg from the fridge. Which he did straight away. Putting al the contents on top of the cupboard that tgem fridge is in. Covering the vents.

Hopefully he will remove them fully soon.

This is all easier if the ship's product has been removed. If you remove it yourself you run a minor risk of being charged for the "missing" contents.

That would certainly true. If I was going to remove everything, as you say, better to get them to do it.

Just leaving Southampton on the Q.V. now.

I asked our steward to remove d erythibg from the fridge. Which he did straight away. Putting al the contents on top of the cupboard that tgem fridge is in. Covering the vents.

Hopefully he will remove them fully soon.

Where then is your Tea making facilities ie Kettle etc ?

• 1 month later...
I like to put our own drinks (soda, champagne) as well as the ice bucket in it. This is all easier if the ship's product has been removed. If you remove it yourself you run a minor risk of being charged for the "missing" contents.

can u take your own soda onboard

My wife is diabetic and the fridge is needed to store her insulin. We always make this clear before we sail but of course the fridge is full with the minibar when we arrive so it is always the first thing we ask.

I wouldn’t want to have drinks that had been in the bottom of the wardrobe along with passenger’s shoes! I refused to do that for that very reason.

Why? The liquid is in a sealed, pressurized bottle.

If you worry about this, you will need to worry your drink every single time you have a pint from tap somewhere. Also: If those drinks went through a harbour for loading, then other passengers' shoes are the least you will need to worry about.