Maasdam interior cabin question

pmjnh

I have on hold, one of the interior cabins that run longest lengthwise instead of perpendicular to the side of the ship (J773). I have read that these cabins are slightly larger than other J cabin. I have checked halfacts and cannot seem to find a photo of the interior of these cabins. What I want to know is this, if anyone is aware or if you have photos to direct me to.

Are the heads of beds against the corridor wall?

Thanks,

Joan

I am familiar with 769. That room runs lengthwise along the corridor. The head of the bed(s) is forward. The bath is aft of the door from the corridor. The couch-back is against the corridor wall.. actually it was not a full couch but a short couch and an end table with a lamp.

Hope this helps, not sure exactly how 773 is, probably opposite 769, with the bed head aft and the bath forward, from the deck plan and looking at where the door is. m--

If you are a member of cruisedeckplans.com you can see three pictures of the room. We stayed in a similar room on the Veendam. K548 which is set up for three people. The sofa is longer and makes into a bed.The room itself is wider than a regular room and thus seems larger. As you enter, the bathroom is to your right. While to some this may seem better, our problem was that the bathroom door opens in direct sight of the bed. If you are used to hiding behind the bathroom door and getting dressed in the small corridor outside the bathroom you will lose some privacy in this room. Also, there is a wasted space about 24" wide between the bathroom wall and the vanity. We take a popup laundry basket with us and put it in this space. The room doesn't seem to have as much storage space as the regular rooms. You will get more noise in the morning as the room runs parallel to the corridor and picks up sound through the walls. There is also a crew area on the opposite side which generates noise in the morning. Since the beds run aft to stern, the rocking motion is side to side. We would stay in this room again.

I am familiar with 769. That room runs lengthwise along the corridor. The head of the bed(s) is forward. The bath is aft of the door from the corridor. The couch-back is against the corridor wall.. actually it was not a full couch but a short couch and an end table with a lamp.

Hope this helps, not sure exactly how 773 is, probably opposite 769, with the bed head aft and the bath forward, from the deck plan and looking at where the door is. m--

Thank you for this description. My TA told me that the sq footage is 179 vs the other J's at 176. Trying to determine if this will be a comfortable room for a 21 day cruise with enough storage space. Also wondered if there is a noise factor as I cannot determine by the deck plan what areas surround it. Did you stay in that room?

If you are a member of cruisedeckplans.com you can see three pictures of the room. We stayed in a similar room on the Veendam. K548 which is set up for three people. The sofa is longer and makes into a bed.The room itself is wider than a regular room and thus seems larger. As you enter, the bathroom is to your right. While to some this may seem better, our problem was that the bathroom door opens in direct sight of the bed. If you are used to hiding behind the bathroom door and getting dressed in the small corridor outside the bathroom you will lose some privacy in this room. Also, there is a wasted space about 24" wide between the bathroom wall and the vanity. We take a popup laundry basket with us and put it in this space. The room doesn't seem to have as much storage space as the regular rooms. You will get more noise in the morning as the room runs parallel to the corridor and picks up sound through the walls. There is also a crew area on the opposite side which generates noise in the morning. Since the beds run aft to stern, the rocking motion is side to side. We would stay in this room again.

Thank you. Unfortunately I am not a member.

Thank you for this description. My TA told me that the sq footage is 179 vs the other J's at 176. Trying to determine if this will be a comfortable room for a 21 day cruise with enough storage space. Also wondered if there is a noise factor as I cannot determine by the deck plan what areas surround it. Did you stay in that room?

We cruised with my brother and his wife who stayed in 769, we were in a regular inside nearby.

It is a spacious room, and I liked that the beds didn't face the hallway door. I do not recall the number of closets.

We've been in the regular insides on Maasdam for 35 days and found them very comfortable. I especially prefer the long couch instead of the loveseat, although when I've had the loveseat and extra end table (our most recent cruise on Veendam for 49 days) the end table collected a lot of stuff - especially books we purchased as well as books we brought, which took stress off the closets. m--