Maasdam - yea or nay?

ShyannDay

Dock schedule has been confirmed by Copper John and also when talking to HAL people on a holiday fair yesterday. The only special thing they could mention, is that she would be fitted with the Exec update, including the same features Westerdam received in the Crows Nest. No mentioning of expedition like features with Zodiacs!
No changes to the cabins?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No changes to the cabins?

This was not in the details I got, which does not mean that it won't happen, but it is only a short 10 day period, plus getting to and from freeport.

This was not in the details I got, which does not mean that it won't happen, but it is only a short 10 day period, plus getting to and from freeport.
Thanks for the info. Trying to decide about our 21 day cruise to Alaska next year in Neptune Suite. Just so many negatives have been pointed out....

We recently purchased a new home.

When we sometimes read a poster's comments that Masdaam or another old HAL ship is 'quaint' it immediately brings a picture into our mind.

Anyone who has shopped extensively for residential real estate can understand this. To us, this is a not a positive comment.

It is right up there with a fixer upper, needs TLC, lots of potential, etc.

We are not looking for a cruise down history lane as it were. We just want a very high probabiity that everything in our cabin will be in working condition and the ship will be in reasonable condition. No vibrations thank you very much. It would also be good if there were multiple dining and entertainment venues (with live performers). We feel certain that we can achieve this on some HAL ships. But not all.