Maasdam holiday cruise log/review published! Circumnavigate New Zealand on Maasdam!

StartrainDD

This is a LONG log-style review. I have included our pre-cruise activities in New Zealand as many of these can be done as shore excursions from Tauranga. If interested in just the summary, scroll down to the bottom.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=605187&et_cid=3037603&et_rid=16969669&et_referrer=Contest_NCL_2013

Happy to check in every now and then to answer any questions.

Arie

Arie!!!

Thank you for a wonderful blog!

We had done a fantastic adventure several years ago with a combination kayaking through The Tasman sea which and hiking!! This vacation for us was 5 Star accommendations including food. The Glow worms in the caves brought back memories. Thank you! When you cruised The Milford Sound we actually hiked the 22 miles to each lodge and the spectacular view of water falls was a site to behold.

Will be on The Maasdam next month 2/25

Out of our home town San Diego to do a R/T to South America. I appreciated your great review on her!

Again it takes a lot of time to write such a detailed review and I so enjoyed it.

Denise:)

Wow. Great review. I read with interest as we will be spending 29 days on a NZ-Australia on the Noordam in November. Thanks for taking the time to give us some ideas on what to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the link to your lengthy review.

You mentioned not seeing Albatross at Akaroa, did you see any in flight or nesting when the ship passed by the Albatross Colony when entering and leaving the Otago Harbour?

What a great read and review!

Thanks for sharing the link with us.

Sounds like you had a good cruise, but I was sorry to hear about the ruined jacket. that is a real shame :(

Thank you again and welcome home :)

This is a LONG log-style review. I have included our pre-cruise activities in New Zealand as many of these can be done as shore excursions from Tauranga. If interested in just the summary, scroll down to the bottom.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=605187&et_cid=3037603&et_rid=16969669&et_referrer=Contest_NCL_2013

Happy to check in every now and then to answer any questions.

Arie

Quick question.

We were on the Maasdam Sept 2017 Boston to San Diego when she was getting ready to start her trans-Pacific adventures. We had terrible vibration problems on the ship during that entire 18 day Panama Canal cruise - to the point someone posted a youtube video of this issue. There have been no further reports about these excessive vibrations either before or after this Sept 2017 cruise.

So without yet reading your entire review can you tell me if this remained a problem or was just situational with this one cruise - she is one of our favorite ships so we would love to learn this was just a one-off event. Glad to learn you are have such a great time.

Thank you for the link to your lengthy review.

You mentioned not seeing Albatross at Akaroa, did you see any in flight or nesting when the ship passed by the Albatross Colony when entering and leaving the Otago Harbour?

We had an Albatross following the ship when crossing south of the southern island for a time. I did not see any when entering (it was likely still dark) or leaving Otago (likely at dinner).

Arie

Quick question.

We were on the Maasdam Sept 2017 Boston to San Diego when she was getting ready to start her trans-Pacific adventures. We had terrible vibration problems on the ship during that entire 18 day Panama Canal cruise - to the point someone posted a youtube video of this issue. There have been no further reports about these excessive vibrations either before or after this Sept 2017 cruise.

So without yet reading your entire review can you tell me if this remained a problem or was just situational with this one cruise - she is one of our favorite ships so we would love to learn this was just a one-off event. Glad to learn you are have such a great time.

I am sorry to hear of the vibration issues on your September cruise! We did not notice (at all) any unusual vibrations, even when moving at speed. So hopefully whatever caused this was repaired in San Diego.

Arie