Share Your Vista Tips With Me?

BuckeyeFan03

Question - We will not be purchasing the Cheers package and my husband and I plan on carrying on our bottle of wine each, but after that, does Carnival offer any type of wine special? When we sailed NCL (before the "free" beverage package was so abundant), there was a deal if you bought 4, 6, or 8 bottles of wine. Anything similar on Carnival?

Question - We will not be purchasing the Cheers package and my husband and I plan on carrying on our bottle of wine each, but after that, does Carnival offer any type of wine special? When we sailed NCL (before the "free" beverage package was so abundant), there was a deal if you bought 4, 6, or 8 bottles of wine. Anything similar on Carnival?

21 and over can bring a bottle of Wine.

I did not get the cheers package and I only purchased 2 alcoholic drinks. I was so busy being involved in different activities I didn’t miss not getting an alcoholic drink. I’m so glad I didn’t get the cheers. I got the beverage package for my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it's called 'cruisin the vineyards'. I think there are 3 different levels to choose, then you get a voucher for each bottle in the package you purchased which you can redeem in the dining room, at a bar, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Our favorite seats in the theater were on the balcony seating. If you arrive early, you can snag the seats directly in the middle of the theater on the balcony.

How do you enter for the balcony seating and suggested arrival time?

Thank you!

Yes, it's called 'cruisin the vineyards'. I think there are 3 different levels to choose, then you get a voucher for each bottle in the package you purchased which you can redeem in the dining room, at a bar, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Great! Thank you!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

How do you enter for the balcony seating and suggested arrival time?

Thank you!

The theater, Liquid Lounge, is on decks 4 and 5. We always went to the doors at deck five before they opened. As soon as they opened, we bolted straight to the seats in the center. They were perfect to watch the shows. We lined up for most of the shows between 30 to 40 minutes early. However, our shipped sailed full. If your ship isn't sailing full, hopefully the wait times won't be long. You don't have to arrive early if you don't mind heads in the way of your show. LOL. We like a clear view.

The theater, Liquid Lounge, is on decks 4 and 5. We always went to the doors at deck five before they opened. As soon as they opened, we bolted straight to the seats in the center. They were perfect to watch the shows. We lined up for most of the shows between 30 to 40 minutes early. However, our shipped sailed full. If your ship isn't sailing full, hopefully the wait times won't be long. You don't have to arrive early if you don't mind heads in the way of your show. LOL. We like a clear view.

Perfect thank you !

If you are flying into Miami you can find the Carnival desk near baggage claim. There you can check in for the cruise and save a lot of time when you get to the port. My wife and I waited about 20 minutes to board.

Now just adding to what everyone else said...

We had Matt as our CD, definitely the best CD we have ever had. Very entertaining.

I wasn't very impressed with the marketplace lunch buffet. I only ate there once, but the food wasn't as good as past cruises (it's decent at best). That said, the rest of the food options were great.

Ji Ji Asian kitchen serves a great lunch, and the Italian restaurant is good as well. They do get busy around lunch time, so be prepared for a wait.

Pig and Anchor, Guy's Burger, and the Burrito bar are all delicious.

The steakhouse is worth every dollar, try it at least one if you can.

The comedy club, piano bar, and the Havana club are good night time things to do. Not big on the shows in Liquid Lounge, plus the sightlines are horrible.

Serenity is a good area to lounge and relax in. Overall, I had a great time on Vista, it's a wonderful ship.

Have a great time!

Sure! After spending 11 nights on the Vista chasing Hurricane Irma last September in 6 in January I have a few tips!

Dining:

Breakfast - There is a little known breakfast buffet 5 aft serving continental as well as eggs and bacon. Most people don't know about it so its not crowded

Lunch - Serenity deck has a great salad bar on port day and sea day that is really great including shrimp! BBQ is awesome on 5 but go early, it gets early and isn't open every day. First sea day there is a cooking class around noon that is so awesome for sampling food from the steak house. So much food we didn't eat lunch

Dinner - anytime dining is super easy on the Vista. You check in on 5 next to the coffee shop and they give you a slip you bring down to 3 Aft. We never waited.

Italian - Cucina - well worth the $15. If you go the first night you get a cheap bottle of table wine for your table for free. We did the steak house on the first cruise which was great but so much food and so long to sit we just preferred the dining room

Entertainment

Matt Mitchum is hands down the best cruise director I have ever seen. He is so present around the ship and funny! His morning show and marriage show are great. Please try and go to military appreciation event last sea day around 10. It is very cool. White night is fun and the Havanna Bar is a cool venue - you can go out by the pool after 7.

I can answer any questions too!

Thanks for the great tips!

Hello, I've been on several NCL cruises recently but we booked an upcoming cruise on the Carnival Vista. I'm scouring the reviews here, getting some great information, and getting excited for our trip! I thought I'd see if any of you have some Vista quick tips for me - your favorite place for lunch on embarkation day? Popular bartenders? A musician not to be missed? Whatever you want to share, I'd love to hear!

Cruising with me on this trip will be my husband and my parents.

Thanks!

Following along, we are booked to go on the Vista on June 10th.

JiJi’s as often as you can. And want quiet? The outdoor deck space behind Cherry on top and the Library are calm oases. And the Library’s self-serve wine bar is so handy! No waiter needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk