New York on New Years Eve 2018

lib1970

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for advice about what to do on NYE 2018 in New York. We arrive on 31st Dec around 4pm and will be staying on Lexington Ave. I dont like the thought of the big crowds at Times Square at all, so want to avoid that. Really looking for a package where food / drink are included with maybe fireworks, or even a view of Times Square from a restaurant. I liked the look of Bubba Gumps package but it is approx 800 USD per person! And you have to go into a lottery to get 2 of the 250 spaces available. This is way too expensive for us. I was thinking of maybe a boat trip with a meal inc and then fireworks at midnight. Any suggestions? It will be just myself and husband, both just under 50! Budget below $300pp. Thanks in advance.

Tina

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for advice about what to do on NYE 2018 in New York. We arrive on 31st Dec around 4pm and will be staying on Lexington Ave. I dont like the thought of the big crowds at Times Square at all, so want to avoid that. Really looking for a package where food / drink are included with maybe fireworks, or even a view of Times Square from a restaurant. I liked the look of Bubba Gumps package but it is approx 800 USD per person! And you have to go into a lottery to get 2 of the 250 spaces available. This is way too expensive for us. I was thinking of maybe a boat trip with a meal inc and then fireworks at midnight. Any suggestions? It will be just myself and husband, both just under 50! Budget below $300pp. Thanks in advance.

Tina

Some things to consider. You say you don’t want big crowds. Bubba Gump is in the heart of Times Square. I would avoid that area like the plague. Also you said your hotel is on Lex. Lex and where? How do you plan to get around on NYE? I know of one place you might want to check out. Rosie OGradys it’s on 52 and 7th. If you go to trip advisor there are reviews about this past NYE. To see the fireworks you just have to be near Central Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some things to consider. You say you don’t want big crowds. Bubba Gump is in the heart of Times Square. I would avoid that area like the plague. Also you said your hotel is on Lex. Lex and where? How do you plan to get around on NYE? I know of one place you might want to check out. Rosie OGradys it’s on 52 and 7th. If you go to trip advisor there are reviews about this past NYE. To see the fireworks you just have to be near Central Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, we are staying at the W hotel 541 Lexington Ave and we were planning on travelling by foot. I think Bubba Gumps is definitely out for us, but thanks for the info on Rosie O'Grady's, I will look into that one. Thanks again

Whatever you find is going to be a little bit on the expensive side since you are looking for a drinks/food package.

Rosie O'Grady's is far enough from the real big crowds of Times Square.

Your best bet would to look again around October/November