Why is the Vista not a favorite?

blyle

I believe that you are correct as far as Balcony cabins are concerned. If you compare the Vista to her older sister, the Breeze, the Inside cabins on the Breeze are 185 sq. ft., while inside cabins on the Vista are 170 sq. ft. Furthermore, on the Vista inside cabins there is much less storage space. The Breeze has three closets, two of which accommodate hanging clothes, and the other with shelves that are fully useable. The Breeze also has drawers in the desk in which to place clothes and belongings.

On the Vista, one of the closets has disappeared, to make room for HVAC equipment. Only one of the two closets will hold hanging clothes, and the other one has shelves, one of which is taken up by the safe, as well as a couple of drawers. There are no drawers in the desk, only a couple of small shelves. We had an interior cabin for the last Med and the TA on the Vista, 23 days total, and it wasn't easy storing away clothing, but we managed.

There are a lot of good things on the Vista, and other than the horrible Liquid Lounge, she's a nice ship.

Not to beat an already dead horse, but I looked up on the Carnival site and it says interior rooms are also 185 sq ft not the 170 you quoted....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not to beat an already dead horse, but I looked up on the Carnival site and it says interior rooms are also 185 sq ft not the 170 you quoted....

I believe that I stand corrected. I remember reading something about the interior cabins on the Vista being smaller a few months before it sailed. I have spent 37 days total in Vista interior cabins and they felt smaller to me. I could not quickly find this information on Carnival's website, so I used a popular site that shows deck plans for many cruise lines. This site showed 185 for the Breeze and 170 for the Vista. The goccl site shows 185 for both ships. Even if the other site is subtracting out the space occupied by the HVAC, the result should be more than 170.

I believe that I stand corrected. I remember reading something about the interior cabins on the Vista being smaller a few months before it sailed. I have spent 37 days total in Vista interior cabins and they felt smaller to me. I could not quickly find this information on Carnival's website, so I used a popular site that shows deck plans for many cruise lines. This site showed 185 for the Breeze and 170 for the Vista. The goccl site shows 185 for both ships. Even if the other site is subtracting out the space occupied by the HVAC, the result should be more than 170.

Minor point, and was only brought up for those who would consider an inside. Doing a ta in an inside would be a test for me. I would love to hear more about it and the plusses and minuses

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yet another interesting way to muddy the waters on the Pax/tonnage ratio. Let’s say the AC system takes up 10sqft of closet space that’s counted as cabin space.... A little more than 5% shaved out of each standard cabin that presumably ends up saving engineering space that can be used for more cabins.

Clever

Yet another interesting way to muddy the waters on the Pax/tonnage ratio. Let’s say the AC system takes up 10sqft of closet space that’s counted as cabin space.... A little more than 5% shaved out of each standard cabin that presumably ends up saving engineering space that can be used for more cabins.

Clever

Of course yet another way to look at it is a new way to better cool cabins, innovative and unique was the way the chief engineer described it at the Diamond event.....even more clever

Sent from my iPad using Forums