Rum Cakes

Jimorel

Thank You for the replies! I want to taste them before I buy any, but I have heard that they are quite tasty. Will be there in no time at all.

YES !! very tasty ! But, it's been my experience that once opened they tend to 'mold' very fast:eek: Perhaps, that's because they're 'all-natural' (No additives=think twinkies, which wouldn't 'go bad' in twenty years).And the rum?? Makes 'em EXTRA yummy ! Of course, this is IMHO.;p

Mac

• 3 weeks later...
They are really, really good. I typically don’t like cake with any type of liquor but these are yummy.

I quite agree, we purchased a six pack sampler and gave two away to our children. Monday we opened the Key Lime and savored every bite.

• 3 weeks later...
We don't buy any to bring back with us. We don't want the hassle of hauling them back. The Tortuga cakes are the same price shipped on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

haha...reminds me of a woman I ran into in Marshall's Home Goods. She was going to Portugal and was "pre-buying" her souvenirs...pottery made in Portugal. Her family and friends never knew otherwise and she didn't have to worry about packing it in her suitcase.

• 2 weeks later...
YES !! very tasty ! But, it's been my experience that once opened they tend to 'mold' very fast:eek: Perhaps, that's because they're 'all-natural' (No additives=think twinkies, which wouldn't 'go bad' in twenty years).And the rum?? Makes 'em EXTRA yummy ! Of course, this is IMHO.;p

Mac

I'ts been my experience that once opened they never last long enough to get moldy!!!

And, in terms of another recommendation - something to drink with the rum cake? Rum Cream!

It's like a rum-based Baileys. Drink it like you would Baileys (over ice, etc). I find it is the absolute BEST thing to drink with Rum cake! It's not very widespread in many countries outside of the Carribbean, but well worth finding!

Or you can make your own at home: https://www.thismamaloves.com/homemade-rum-cream/