Help me decide on a beach break

rsabridget

Looking for advice on a beach break. We'll be in St. Thomas this June and are looking for the best beach choice for just hanging out, getting sun with a lounge chair and umbrella, do some swimming, have some rum punches and lunch, (lunch and beverages beach side) all with the Caribbean vibe, but not SUPER packed.

I've been researching and below is what I’ve summed up from the message boards. If anyone can give me more info, pros, cons, pricing, it would be appreciated.

Sapphire beach

·Rocky / broken coral

·beach bar with food

·$9/chair

·25 minutes from port

Magen's Bay

·Cruise ship tours frequent

·1/2 hour away

·$73 / taxi, entrance, chair and umbrella

·pricey food

Emerald Beach

·5-10 minutes taxi ride $6/person

·$25 for 2 chairs and umbrella

·beach bar and restaurant

Depending on the cruise line, RCI and Celebrity have an awesome excursion to Lindquist/Smith Bay beach. It is an awesome secluded beach that has an awesome view of the BVI’s. We did it in 2016 and it was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindquist/Smith Bay beach is georgeous!!!!!! The perfect beach. only saw about 3 dozen people there if that. BUT there's nothing there but new, clean restrooms. No resturants or bars or chair rentals. As of Feb 2017 when we were there.

Same day we drove over to Sapphire beach after smith bay. I found it beautiful... yet super crowded!! It seems to be right along with a condo property. Not a very wide beach to water. Lots of people everywhere.

We’ll going on CCL on this trip, can’t beat the itinerary.

While we've read wonderful things about Lindquist/Smithbeach no restaurant or bar makes it a no for us.

Secret Harbor was on my list but I can’t find any new reviews/ updates as to the beach, except for the resort itself.

Out of the three you mentioned, I have never been to Emerald when it was "super packed". It is a little closer as well. However, our favorite beach of the three is Sapphire. The views there are amazing and the water is beautiful. Depending on the number of ships in port that day, it is usually not too crowded either.

All three are nice-- you can't go wrong with any of them.

Looking for advice on a beach break. We'll be in St. Thomas this June and are looking for the best beach choice for just hanging out, getting sun with a lounge chair and umbrella, do some swimming, have some rum punches and lunch, (lunch and beverages beach side) all with the Caribbean vibe, but not SUPER packed.

I've been researching and below is what I’ve summed up from the message boards. If anyone can give me more info, pros, cons, pricing, it would be appreciated.

Sapphire beach

·Rocky / broken coral

·beach bar with food

·$9/chair

·25 minutes from port

Magen's Bay

·Cruise ship tours frequent

·1/2 hour away

·$73 / taxi, entrance, chair and umbrella

·pricey food

Emerald Beach

·5-10 minutes taxi ride $6/person

·$25 for 2 chairs and umbrella

·beach bar and restaurant

I have not been to Emerald Beach so no comments about it. I have been to Sapphire (you can read about my experience in the Liberty and Fascination reviews in my sig.) and had a great time. I always snorkel and have had somewhat of a hit/miss experience snorkeling at Sapphire. But the beach itself is great with lots of natural shade and breeze to relax, there is a beach bar right there with free bathroom facilities and there's a fresh water shared shower as well. Maybe a local or someone who has been there recently could chime in as to current conditions of the area since I saw pictures and video of the area and it was hit pretty bad by the hurricanes.

Meagan's bay is the "go to" place of most cruisers looking for beach time and gets quite crowded if multiple ships are in port. I have not been there either.

Good luck!!