What are the Havana Cabins on Vista like?

Thinking of booking Carnival Vista and noticed they have cabins on deck 5 called Havana Cabins and they have access to the Havana pool. Does that mean they are the only ones that can go to the Havana pool? what else do you get with this cabin? Are the cabins larger? Please tell me any and all about these if you know, thanks!

The Havana cabin occupants are the only ones allowed in the Havana pool area. They give you a wristband for access. Cabins are the same size as other cabins. There are Havana cabins on the aft of decks 5, 6 and 7. Age limit of 12 years old and up. No other special perks.

The Havana cabin occupants are the only ones allowed in the Havana pool area. They give you a wristband for access. Cabins are the same size as other cabins. There are Havana cabins on the aft of decks 5, 6 and 7. Age limit of 12 years old and up. No other special perks.

Thanks for the information!! Have you stayed in them? have you seen the pool area?

The rooms are decorated different, like you are in Havana, or so they say... They give you special soaps, which are ok.

But the biggest and best reason to book them is that you have private access from morning until 7pm to the Havana area in the aft of the ship, with a pool and two hot tubs. Also shaded and un-shaded seats... it is always easy to find space in the pool and the seats and it is just so relaxing.

We stayed a total of 21 days in an inside on deck 5 and I would never sail on a ship that has Havana access again without sailing in a Havana cabin.

You need to be 12+ to stay in the room, but it's 18+ for the aft pool area. Also, most of the rooms are only 2 person occupancy with the exception of about 3-4 which can hold one or two more. It's pretty clear this is intended for couples, but if you intend to bring teens, it's doable if you book EARLY.

• 1 month later...
You need to be 12+ to stay in the room, but it's 18+ for the aft pool area. Also, most of the rooms are only 2 person occupancy with the exception of about 3-4 which can hold one or two more. It's pretty clear this is intended for couples, but if you intend to bring teens, it's doable if you book EARLY.

Not on the Vista. There are no adults only pool areas.

Mostly. I believe at 7:00 p.m. they open the Havana area up to the "public", but from what I can tell, not many people go or know about that.

Thinking of booking Carnival Vista and noticed they have cabins on deck 5 called Havana Cabins and they have access to the Havana pool. Does that mean they are the only ones that can go to the Havana pool? what else do you get with this cabin? Are the cabins larger? Please tell me any and all about these if you know, thanks!

YouTube has some nice videos:

I was on the Vista in Europe and stayed one floor above the aft balcony cabins. They looked nice and the pool area is cool. Kind of like Serenity. I would however never book the cabins that are on the same deck as the pool. They may be called Lanai cabins. People can walk right by them at any given time. You can barley see the ocean from them... I would consider a regular balcony if the price was right. Some of the Havana cabins and other aft cabins can hear the music from the Havana bar.

• 3 weeks later...
I was on the Vista in Europe and stayed one floor above the aft balcony cabins. They looked nice and the pool area is cool. Kind of like Serenity. I would however never book the cabins that are on the same deck as the pool. They may be called Lanai cabins. People can walk right by them at any given time. You can barley see the ocean from them... I would consider a regular balcony if the price was right. Some of the Havana cabins and other aft cabins can hear the music from the Havana bar.

Not true. The deck in front of the Havana cabin "patios" is for people staying in those cabins only. There is a locked gate coming from the public areas on deck 5 to where the Havana cabins start, and only people staying in those cabins have a key. In the evening when the area is open to everyone, I counted maybe 5 people who walked by my patio in 12 days. They could exit that way in the evening, but still not enter. Most people just went back through the bar, the same way they get in.

Also, "can barely see the ocean?" Are you kidding? The view is fantastic. The patios are so large and open, we actually felt "closer" to the ocean. There are class partitions, but they are from the deck up and crystal clear. We felt the views were actually much better than in a traditional balcony cabin.

Not true. The deck in front of the Havana cabin "patios" is for people staying in those cabins only. There is a locked gate coming from the public areas on deck 5 to where the Havana cabins start, and only people staying in those cabins have a key. In the evening when the area is open to everyone, I counted maybe 5 people who walked by my patio in 12 days. They could exit that way in the evening, but still not enter. Most people just went back through the bar, the same way they get in.

Also, "can barely see the ocean?" Are you kidding? The view is fantastic. The patios are so large and open, we actually felt "closer" to the ocean. There are class partitions, but they are from the deck up and crystal clear. We felt the views were actually much better than in a traditional balcony cabin.

"Not True" haha You contradict yourself saying people can walk by them. Yes people can absolutely walk by them at ANY given time. Just as you said they can walk thru the bar and access that area. During the day they have to have a wrist band, so those people CAN walk by and at night ANYONE can walk by. So it is true! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

As for the view I didn't stay in one but from walking by those cabins at night the view was not nearly as good as a regular balcony. The high glass got in the way and the cabin/balcony is set some distance back from the edge of the ship. The view was obstructed compared to a regular balcony.

"Not True" haha You contradict yourself saying people can walk by them. Yes people can absolutely walk by them at ANY given time. Just as you said they can walk thru the bar and access that area. During the day they have to have a wrist band, so those people CAN walk by and at night ANYONE can walk by. So it is true! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

As for the view I didn't stay in one but from walking by those cabins at night the view was not nearly as good as a regular balcony. The high glass got in the way and the cabin/balcony is set some distance back from the edge of the ship. The view was obstructed compared to a regular balcony.

We stayed in them and other than a VS on a Spirit class ship or the Captains suite on Conquest class, these are the best rooms we have stayed in (and we have stayed in a lot). Only people with access can walk by the 5th floor rooms except after 7. Access from the Havana thru the Havana bar is watched very well during the day time and we saw people challenged regularly by staff. The only thing I will say about the view is that it is thru glass, otherwise fine.

I wonder why they didn't put the balconies up against the glass and why the glass is so high? I guess its so people can walk to the pool and maybe wind. Can you lock/unlock the slider from the outside? The cabins look very nice. I wouldn't book a lanai for the fact that people can walk by and don't like the distance away from the glass. I like to be able to look down...

You can lock the slider from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a Havana Cabana booked on the Horizon my cabin is on the Even side of the ship don't know the term for that side so i have seen where the pool is close by my question is those that have cabins on the ODD side of the ship do they have their own pool area or do they walk around to our side?

I have a Havana Cabana booked on the Horizon my cabin is on the Even side of the ship don't know the term for that side so i have seen where the pool is close by my question is those that have cabins on the ODD side of the ship do they have their own pool area or do they walk around to our side?

The pool is in the center back of the 5th floor. Both sides use that pool (another words it is the only Havana pool).

What is the "secret" in booking a Havanna Cabin? How far in advance does one have to book, they seem almost impossible to book.

We are booked on Vista for Southern in March 2018 in a cove balcony which we really enjoy the cove balconies!

They are very popular, so much so, they have added significantly to these room types on the Horizon.

What is the "secret" in booking a Havanna Cabin? How far in advance does one have to book, they seem almost impossible to book.

We are booked on Vista for Southern in March 2018 in a cove balcony which we really enjoy the cove balconies!

I am booked on the Horizon and when i saw the new cabin type i told my PVP to let me know the moment the itinerary becomes available. I booked my Havana Cabana cabin in Feb. 2017 for my April 2018 cruise if it is what you want don't wait if possible. i have told my PVP to let me know the moment the itinerary for the 2019 and 2020 cruise ships are outclear.png?emoji-cool-1690

There's several available on next month's sailing that we're booked on. They are popular but not impossible to book.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk