Share Your Vista Tips With Me?

BuckeyeFan03

Hello, I've been on several NCL cruises recently but we booked an upcoming cruise on the Carnival Vista. I'm scouring the reviews here, getting some great information, and getting excited for our trip! I thought I'd see if any of you have some Vista quick tips for me - your favorite place for lunch on embarkation day? Popular bartenders? A musician not to be missed? Whatever you want to share, I'd love to hear!

Cruising with me on this trip will be my husband and my parents.

Thanks!

The Jamaican wings at the Red Frog on deck 5 is $3.33 vs getting it for $6 @ the sports bar and room service.

The Red Frog has an awesome $3.33 menu.

My favorite were the wings, conch salad and conch fritters. $3.33

There is a salad creation bar next to the serenity area, check the times,not open everyday.

Craft time in the library at 9am.,

Go before 9am, people will grab them quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Jamaican wings at the Red Frog on deck 5 is $3.33 vs getting it for $6 @ the sports bar and room service.

The Red Frog has an awesome $3.33 menu.

My favorite were the wings, conch salad and conch fritters. $3.33

There is a salad creation bar next to the serenity area, check the times,not open everyday.

Craft time in the library at 9am.,

Go before 9am, people will grab them quick.

You are awesome! Thanks for the tips!

Sure! After spending 11 nights on the Vista chasing Hurricane Irma last September in 6 in January I have a few tips!

Dining:

Breakfast - There is a little known breakfast buffet 5 aft serving continental as well as eggs and bacon. Most people don't know about it so its not crowded

Lunch - Serenity deck has a great salad bar on port day and sea day that is really great including shrimp! BBQ is awesome on 5 but go early, it gets early and isn't open every day. First sea day there is a cooking class around noon that is so awesome for sampling food from the steak house. So much food we didn't eat lunch

Dinner - anytime dining is super easy on the Vista. You check in on 5 next to the coffee shop and they give you a slip you bring down to 3 Aft. We never waited.

Italian - Cucina - well worth the $15. If you go the first night you get a cheap bottle of table wine for your table for free. We did the steak house on the first cruise which was great but so much food and so long to sit we just preferred the dining room

Entertainment

Matt Mitchum is hands down the best cruise director I have ever seen. He is so present around the ship and funny! His morning show and marriage show are great. Please try and go to military appreciation event last sea day around 10. It is very cool. White night is fun and the Havanna Bar is a cool venue - you can go out by the pool after 7.

I can answer any questions too!

Hi all!

Remember there's fresh made hard ice cream in the buffet at lunch time, 2 different flavours. I always get a Guy's Burger for lunch the 1st day. Get to the comedy shows early as they fill up. Drop by the Taste Bar 5 ish & see what little nibble they're featuring. The lobster rolls were great at the Seafood Shack 2 for $12 I think it was. The bbq was good too.

The Dr Seuss brunch is fun for kids of all ages.

Have a great time!

~ Jo ~ :)

Homemade gelato/ice cream everyday at the buffet but only for an hour or so. I forget the time it starts but ask someone like I did. it was delicious and different flavors daily

Lasagna at the Italian restaurant is incredible! And it's free and only at lunch.Thats where I would eat on embark day it's quiet not many people know about it or that it's open.

We're going again on her in 48 days [emoji3]

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

We're on the Vista in 75 days and we(I) have a to-do list:

Behind the Fun tour

Red Frog pub, for the beer, food and games

Salad bar on Serenity

Guys BBQ

Alchemy bar

Find the secret forward decks

Try the sky bike thing

That is most of the things... but i'm sure i missed some... have fun!:cool:

Book the “Behind the Fun” tour as soon as you board. It was one of the best “excursions” I’ve ever been on. You tour everywhere except the engines, the brig, and the morgue. It’s incredible to see the nuts & bolts of the whole operation, and if you have Pepe as your tour guide, it’s an added treat.

I did Guy's BBQ on embarkation day. For sea days, highly recommend the Serenity salad bar at lunch. a huge salad and then a couple tacos from Blue Iguana (best lunch ever). Night life, I enjoy the piano bar, but it depends on who's playing. Elizabeth was playing and she was funny and talented. You also can't go wrong with the Havana bar. The band was great & take a late swim in the Havana pool - it's open in the evening to all. I usually had the pool to myself. For relaxing, we normally hang in the Serenity deck, but there was no shade, so we chose deck 5 it was usually very quiet.

Oh I forgot to add...

Don’t forget the BBQ stand outside the door where the Picture place is.

Th BBQ stand is hidden and the food is really good.

New Age violin was awesome. They played up to date songs.

Mongolian Wok is inside of JiJi lunch time only.

JIJI dinner was the best for me. So much food, you will not finish it. Best $15 dollars.

First elegant night, free lobster

Also I as able to order more than one entree. No problem

Sure! After spending 11 nights on the Vista chasing Hurricane Irma last September in 6 in January I have a few tips!

That sounds like quite the adventure! We were on vacation in the Bahamas during Hurricane Irma and the airports closed before we could get out, so we had to ride it out there. Luckily, it turned and New Providence was spared from the brunt of the storm. By the way, if anyone is planning a land vacation during hurricane season - Atlantis was WONDERFUL to us whereas across the way, Baha Mar evacuated its guests from the property.

Get to comedy or theater shows early enough to either be near the front of the line waiting to get in or in the venue and occupying good seats before the shows start.

Kids may enjoy a bowling game that's up on the sports deck. It's small, and for a fee, but many don't know it's there.

If Matt is still the cruise director at the time of your cruise, he will turn everything into an entertaining comedy show. He is the best cruise director. He was everywhere too. I would see him in the late night comedy shows walking around the crowds talking to people. He is friendly, fun, and makes the cruise a blast.

Our favorite seats in the theater were on the balcony seating. If you arrive early, you can snag the seats directly in the middle of the theater on the balcony.

When we first ate at the buffet, I was shocked that there was no hand sanitizer as soon as I walked in. Turns out this ship has something even better. They do have sanitizer near the silverware stations, but they also have these hand washing machines. You put each hand in a slot and for 12 seconds they are sanitized with water and soap. This was great. I would use this every time, but just before I was ready to eat after I had handled the serving utensils. I wish all ships had this.

I noticed that the Vista enforces rules a bit better than other ships. They enforced the rule about the appointment time. My appointment time was 11:30 to 12:00. I arrived at 12:05 and was not allowed to go into the on time line. I had to go to the early/late arrival line. So, I would definitely try to arrive closer to your beginning appointment time.

They made an announcement in the theater that people should not save seats for more than one person, although many people constantly ignored this. They also enforced the rules about how long you can leave a towel on a deck chair without coming back. My husband and I were on loungers in the pool area and they put stickers on the chairs beside ours.

Because there are so many people on the ship, it's important to arrive early for shows if you want to get a good seat. For family friendly comedy shows, twenty minutes before the show was fine. For adult shows, forty minutes before the show was necessary. For theater shows, 30 to 40 minutes ahead of time will insure good seats. The theater is seat up in a way that you really need to get there early to get good seats. It's different than all of the other theaters on all of my other cruises.

It was very easy to get off of the ship at the ports, which is surprising because there are a lot of people on the ship. The drink service was great. There were always employees coming around asking if we would like a drink.

Dining:

Breakfast - There is a little known breakfast buffet 5 aft serving continental as well as eggs and bacon. Most people don't know about it so its not crowded

Lunch - Serenity deck has a great salad bar on port day and sea day that is really great including shrimp! BBQ is awesome on 5 but go early, it gets early and isn't open every day. First sea day there is a cooking class around noon that is so awesome for sampling food from the steak house. So much food we didn't eat lunch

Dinner - anytime dining is super easy on the Vista. You check in on 5 next to the coffee shop and they give you a slip you bring down to 3 Aft. We never waited.

Italian - Cucina - well worth the $15. If you go the first night you get a cheap bottle of table wine for your table for free. We did the steak house on the first cruise which was great but so much food and so long to sit we just preferred the dining room

Entertainment

Matt Mitchum is hands down the best cruise director I have ever seen. He is so present around the ship and funny! His morning show and marriage show are great. Please try and go to military appreciation event last sea day around 10. It is very cool. White night is fun and the Havanna Bar is a cool venue - you can go out by the pool after 7.

I can answer any questions too!

I’m so excited! It looks like Matt Mitchum will be our cd in June! I always thought a funny cd made the cruise! Did you happen to save any fun times from your cruise?