Disney to Long Beach?

Derbie

We are trying to work out our logistics in getting about. First, we are 2 adults and 4 children traveling. We are going from Los Angeles airport to Disney Land (nearby hotel) for two days. Then on to the port in Long Beach. We plan on using the public transportation to-and-from the hotel to the park.Once the 4 day cruise is done, we are back to the same hotel for a day at Universal Studios. So, I would like to post two questions. Should we go ahead and rent a large SUV and then rent one again on our return; rather, than paying or two separate uber/lyft cars for the coming and goings involved? Which is the most cost effective? I am just trying to figure out which is best for all of us for convenience and cost. Thanks to all!

You didn't mention the ages of the children. Will they need carseats? If so rental might be a benefit.

You can go to Uber and Lyft and then just use there fare estimators to figure out the cost of the trip. On Uber it is towards the top of the site and on Lyft it is towards the bottom of the website. I believe you can also get an estimate on the apps.

The advantage of the rental SUV is that you would know for sure you have it reserved and the size you want for your family. You can see what the pricing is at that time. Downside would be more time to pick up and drop it off on each end.

Keith

I would think if your hotel is near Disneyland that u will be pretty far from Universal Studios. If you are flying out of Lax u might want to consider a hotel closer to universal on your return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You didn't mention the ages of the children. Will they need carseats? If so rental might be a benefit.

You can go to Uber and Lyft and then just use there fare estimators to figure out the cost of the trip. On Uber it is towards the top of the site and on Lyft it is towards the bottom of the website. I believe you can also get an estimate on the apps.

The advantage of the rental SUV is that you would know for sure you have it reserved and the size you want for your family. You can see what the pricing is at that time. Downside would be more time to pick up and drop it off on each end.

Keith

Thanks. The kids are 12, 10, 8 and just barely 2.I will look at the estimators and then do some math. I appreciate the help.

I haven't gone from the port but have done both rental car and Uber to/from Disneyland to Long Beach Airport. In my experience the cost came out to be the same depending on how much the hotel charges for parking. I would also check your hotel's policy for parking before and after check out. Some of the hotels by Disneyland have VERY strict policies on getting out of the parking lot. If you don't plan to do anything other than visit Disneyland and sleep at the hotel, I would lean towards Uber unless the hotel has a liberal policy towards parking.

Universal Studios is pretty far from both Disneyland and Long Beach. Disneyland is in Orange County and Universal Studios is north of downtown L.A. Driving from either, especially in LA traffic, is not something you want to have to deal. I have never used an Uber for this route, but would expect it to be very pricey. My recommendation would be rent a car and stay at a hotel closer to Universal.

Thanks. The kids are 12, 10, 8 and just barely 2.I will look at the estimators and then do some math. I appreciate the help.

I would book a car service. The two year old will need a car seat. I use limos.com to shop car services. They have always worked out well. If the price works I would stay at the Hilton Universal City just walk to the park.

I agree about finding a post-cruise hotel closer to the Burbank/Universal City area in the San Fernando Valley. If you have a rental car, and you're flying out of LAX, you can take the 101 west to the 405 going south to the airport. Just expect a lot of traffic. Probably easier than staying in the Hollywood area.