Carnival Vista Barely Passes Follow Up CDC Inspection

Mr305

Most of those violations are much ado about nothing. Read through them, many are this surface was difficult to clean, but it was clean to touch and sight.

I was on the Magic at the end of January and i can tell you that in the buffet and public areas they are doing far more to be seen and clean then on any of my previous cruises. This included the Matre'd and the Captain being spotted in the buffet lines, taking corrective actions.

Some of the write-ups seem odd for a new-ish ship. Like the paint on the pizza oven:

The red decorative coating on the bulkhead on both sides of the pizza oven was cracked and chipped, which made a difficult-to-clean surface. The area was clean to sight and touch.

Or the chipped coffee pots:

At least 10 previously cleaned plastic coffee pots were excessively chipped along the rim and were soiled in the food splash area. The composition of the pots had significant wear over time which made them extremely difficult to clean and to maintain.

Or the serving trays:

Approximately 200 black serving trays were excessively cracked and chipped on the corners and other areas of the nonfood-contact surface. Crew presented documentation that 270 new trays were received in the past month, and 120 had been placed in-service.

I guess she has been in service for almost two years, so some wear-and-tear is going to start to show, but those sound like issues with 3 or 4 year old items. Maybe they were just the well-worn outliers, and no-one has been watching the wear-and-tear?

Pot and ware wash issues are concerning. Cleaning equipment not properly cleaned, leading to soiled items being put out for use.

From the report:

Site: Galley-Aft Port Warewash

Violation: The far right spray nozzle on upper auxiliary rinse manifold was completely blocked with food debris. The machine was in-use at the time of the inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of the write-ups seem odd for a new-ish ship. Like the paint on the pizza oven:

The red decorative coating on the bulkhead on both sides of the pizza oven was cracked and chipped, which made a difficult-to-clean surface. The area was clean to sight and touch.

At least 10 previously cleaned plastic coffee pots were excessively chipped along the rim and were soiled in the food splash area. The composition of the pots had significant wear over time which made them extremely difficult to clean and to maintain.

Or the serving trays:

Approximately 200 black serving trays were excessively cracked and chipped on the corners and other areas of the nonfood-contact surface. Crew presented documentation that 270 new trays were received in the past month, and 120 had been placed in-service.

I guess she has been in service for almost two years, so some wear-and-tear is going to start to show, but those sound like issues with 3 or 4 year old items. Maybe they were just the well-worn outliers, and no-one has been watching the wear-and-tear?

I don't know what kind of PMS program Carnival has in place, but it's apparent that it is not working as it should....at least on Vista.

Or the serving trays:

Carnival needs to start reviewing their suppliers (quality of items) or develop a regular switchout program on supplies and equipment