Vancouver port to airport with scooter

misspuss

We will disembarking in Vancouver and need to get to the airport. I have difficulty walking and will have my collapsible scooter. Will there be any cabs at the port that will be large enough to take my scooter? Does anyone have any information about another mode of transport to get to the airport? Thank you for any suggestions.

I do not know about the shuttle. They are usually much more expensive than cabs and we are trying to make an 11:45 flight. Also I have some difficulty getting up bus steps. We were hoping to get a cab if there is room in one for my taken-apart scooter.

Yes, there will be disabled access cabs (which you could drive a scooter or motorized wheelchair into, not just one that would have room for a folding affair). It's a legally-mandated requirement for all cab firms, but only approx 17% of the fleet - so in general expect to wait a few minutes longer. And yes, a cruiseline transfer would set you back the same price as a cab (approx - it's metered so may be a couple of bucks less or more, expect CAD$35 as the likely price).

If it's just you/one or even 2 companions, any cab will likely be OK if you can manage in and out of regular seats in a Prius - while there's not enough room in the trunk for 4 people's large suitcases, a folding scooter might fit just fine alongside a couple of large suitcases. Almost all the non-minivan fleet are Prius these days, and any others are similarly modest size vehicles. Rates are set by law, so it;s all about the most fuel-efficient vehicles for local cab firms!