celebrity Constellation itinerary August 11-20

siuyau

We have booked this itinerary Embarking in Barcelona and disembarking in Venice. Would like your advice on transportation to / from airports and cruise terminals. Is it easy to get a taxi or it is better /safer to purchase cruise line transfers ?

I guess it depends where you are going when you disembark

Taxis are easy to get but expensive we paid 100 euros to get from Cannareggio area to Marco Polo Airport

Im exploring alternatives this time as we are on the same Cruise...maybe the water bus ....not looked at cruise transfer as we are staying for a few days after cruise

I guess it depends where you are going when you disembark

Taxis are easy to get but expensive we paid 100 euros to get from Cannareggio area to Marco Polo Airport

Im exploring alternatives this time as we are on the same Cruise...maybe the water bus ....not looked at cruise transfer as we are staying for a few days after cruise

Thank you very much for your response. We are going directly to Marco Polo airport after disembarkation. Is it easy to get taxis from the disembarkation terminal ?

We are on this itinerary in May 2018 but will taking the train from Venice to Florence after our overnight in port on board.... any advice on getting over to the train station with luggage from the Pier ??...Google Maps claims its 20 min walking from port to the train Station??

There is a lot of discussion of Venice area transportation options on the Italy forum under Europe ports of call. But from the port, I would take the people mover to piazzala Roma, then walk over the new bridge to the train station. (Apologies for my garbled spelling of Italian words - I blame it on my spell checker.)

Thank you very much for your response. We are going directly to Marco Polo airport after disembarkation. Is it easy to get taxis from the disembarkation terminal ?

We’ve embarked and disembarked twice from Venice. We used Suntransfers and also Conectotransfers and had good experiences with both. It only cost us €41 one way .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the OP: VERY IMPORTANT to understand that to go directly from the pier to the airport in Venice you do NOT need a water taxi. The roads end near the pier and a "regular car taxi" is what you would need. Water taxis are very expensive; car taxi to the airport is reasonable. Did it in 2016 to the Connie....but don't remember the fare.