Love Celebrity - Would Love a Bigger Boat

CoupleUK

haha I know they're ships.

We much prefer Celebrity to any other cruise line BUT we just wish their ships were a little bigger.

Do you think Celebrity could ever steal a Voyager class from Royal?

Im sure if they gave it the Celebrity makeover and magic it would do really well.

What do you guys think?

I doubt it. Considering their next four ship builds (Edge, Beyond and two more) will all be around the 3,000 passenger mark I think it's safe to say that this won't happen in the foreseeable future.

Thank goodness! 😉 😊

S class ships are the perfect size. We also like the M class but enjoy the more amenities offered by S class.
Loved S class except that they dropped shuffleboard and reduced drawer space. :(

haha I know they're ships.

We much prefer Celebrity to any other cruise line BUT we just wish their ships were a little bigger.

Do you think Celebrity could ever steal a Voyager class from Royal?

Im sure if they gave it the Celebrity makeover and magic it would do really well.

What do you guys think?

There's not much difference in the S-class ships and the Voyager. The S class are 122k tons and the Voyager is 138K tons. Passenger numbers are not much different either 2900 for the S-class and 3150 for the Voyager Class. I too would prefer a bit bigger ship that had a few more entertainment/bar options. Don't need 4000+ passengers though.

Having recently experienced a debarkation from a ship holding just over 3000 passengers, I can't imagine what it would be like with another 30%.
We didn't have any problems disembarking Allure of the Seas and other larger ships... it's about organization.

There's not much difference in the S-class ships and the Voyager. The S class are 122k tons and the Voyager is 138K tons. Passenger numbers are not much different either 2900 for the S-class and 3150 for the Voyager Class. I too would prefer a bit bigger ship that had a few more entertainment/bar options. Don't need 4000+ passengers though.

Agree. Possibly the OP wants and likes the Royal Promenade Deck that is on the Voyager class and larger class RC ships.

Edited by davekathy

I'm in the No category, if Celebrity had bigger ships you might as well merge the two lines. No difference.

Always laugh and think about when Celebrity only had Horizon, Zenith and Meridian. They announced Century and people screamed they would never go on a ship as big as the Century. Same thing happened with M class and S class.

I wanted to try the Royal Caribbean mega ships, until dw pointed out that you had better make a reservation IN ADVANCE just to see a show in the theater....

Now, thats just crazy, too crowded for me.

this is not true for Voyager class and most of the other ships , just oasis class and newer. Freedom class which is a little larger also does not need reservations

I am sure finding a sunbed would be a problem, especially on sea days.

I was recently looking at the details of some of the larger and mega-ships. They seem to add extra decks of cabins and lengthen the ship, but not enough to give pool deck space to the masses. There is an MSC ship for 5400 passengers that is only 30 foot longer than the Eclipse carrying 2800. How the heck does that work?? :confused::o