Larger Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom #1864 on Voyager of the Seas

Wow. Those Panoramic Ocean View rooms look amazing, especially the Larger and Family variations!

I've become a big fan of these types of rooms. If I ever consider sailing on a Voyager-class ship, I'll keep them in mind.

About a month ago, I sort of tricked the RCI website into allowing me to book Family Ocean View (FO) cabin 1054 on Jewel of the Seas for solo occupancy. Even though it is a standard Family Ocean View cabin (and therefore costs the same as a standard Family Ocean View cabin), this cabin has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, is 589 square feet, and its maximum occupancy is eight (two in the master bedroom, four in twin beds and Pullman beds in the second bedroom, and two in the sofa bed in the separate living room). This two-bedroom variation of the FO is the only one of its kind on the ship. It is where the Concierge Lounge used to be, next to the mid-ship elevators, and exists only on the Jewel OTS and the Serenade OTS. On the other Radiance-class ships, these rooms have weird-shaped balconies and are in a much-more-expensive, Two-Bedroom Suite category with Suite perks.

Similarly, in July 2013, I sailed in a Scenic Grand Ocean View cabin, also by myself, on the Carnival Glory. It, like the Panoramic Ocean View cabins on the Voyager-class ships, is part of a group of Scenic Ocean View and Scenic Grand Ocean View cabins at the front of the ship. While the Scenic Ocean View cabins are 220 square feet and have one wide floor-to-ceiling window, the Grand cabins are 320 square feet and have two wide floor-to-ceiling windows. There are two Grands on each Conquest-class ship. One cabin on each ship has a maximum occupancy of four, including a sofa bed. However, for some strange reason, the maximum occupancy in the other Grand cabins is just two - the sofa does not pull out and turn into a bed.

We have just returned from a fantastic South Pacific cruise on Voyager of the Seas. Here are the all important pictures of our Panoramic Oceanview Cabin #1852 as promised.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141358841@N05/shares/47bX5L

Highly recommend these cabins if you can snare one. While there is some noticeable movement when there is a bit of a swell, nothing too untoward and we found the gentle rocking quite relaxing. The close proximity to the adults only pool, spa and gym was also a great advantage.

These cabins also have plenty of storage and room to move about. On a side note, the muster station for these cabins is the Star Lounge on deck 5, so you don't even have to stand outside when doing the muster drill.:D

Thank You! Thank You! Thank you! Glad that you enjoyed your cruise!

I've been waiting for the pictures for this room for quite a long while now so I appreciate your review of the cabin. I was worried about the obstruction of the antenna in front and luckily it isn't too much of an obstruction to bother.

Edited by WaveSplasher

• 2 weeks later...
Noni61 I am just curious we booked an Alaska cruise on the Voyager of the sea and we got cabin 1858 do you have any pictures of that room

I sailed on Explorer of the Seas Cabin 1858. These cabins have got to be the best cabins onboard. I would forego any balcony for one of these cabins. It's going to be Hard to go back to the old cabins we've had previously.

These are some of the photos of the cabin. Sorry I didn't think to take shots until the last night . and morning of departure.

For an Alaskan Cruise I would recommend nothing but these cabins on deck 12. They are the best cabins on the ship by far.

IMG_8589.jpg.058099c824f45db7b01396134a010ea1.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg.3f5af25373002833e9ec76d980298177.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg.d0bf8bda90609260fc58c055594ab45b.jpg

IMG_8250.jpg.9f8a68af39abffd4e4c382cefa0b5b43.jpg

• 1 month later...

I want to book this new type of family ocean view cabin on 12th deck for 2 adults and 4 children. Can anyone who traveled with more than 2 passengers advise if the others paid full price or was there a discounted extra passenger price as is sometimes available in 4 berth cabins?

Edited by Backpack Cruisers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Greetings! I just got back from an 11 night cruise on the Voyager of the Seas in one of the new "Larger Panoramic Ocean View" staterooms on deck 12. I had a hard time finding photos of the room before we booked it so I thought I'd share a video that I made of the cabin:

Overall we LOVED it! The closet was on the small side, but the 5 floor to ceiling windows were awesome!

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help if I can!

Greetings! I noticed in the video toward the end, there is a door next to the entrance door on the side. Was that the closet door? You mentioned the closet being on the small side - was it able to hold two carry on luggage inside however?

Thank You!