Dart Boards on Voyager

Might seem a silly question, but my wife Jane is a rather good dart player (competition) and was wondering if she was able to keep up her practice whilst away on the Voyager for 3 weeks from Nov 5th.

There are competitions coming up and she didn't want to get rusty.;);)

Might seem a silly question, but my wife Jane is a rather good dart player (competition) and was wondering if she was able to keep up her practice whilst away on the Voyager for 3 weeks from Nov 5th.

I have seen pool tables on a cruise but never a dart board.

Because of the danger of a dart, I think I read sometime ago, they are not allowed. Not everyone is good at throwing a dart.........

Edited by CVU

Because of the danger of a dart, I think I read sometime ago, they are not allowed. Not everyone is good at throwing a dart.........

There are computerized dart boards with the plastic tip darts that keeps score automatically. I've seen them in some bars and they are actually real darts, just with plastic tips screwed on. Some ships may have this in the arcade... Just a guess.

There are computerized dart boards with the plastic tip darts that keeps score automatically. I've seen them in some bars and they are actually real darts, just with plastic tips screwed on. Some ships may have this in the arcade... Just a guess.

Not that I ever have seen, especially since the arcades are in the teen area, the darts would get lost. She is just going to have to take a break from it.

I'm sure the Celebrity Century class have dart boards on the sports court. Never seen one on a RCI ship though which is a shame.

Would be great to head into the The Pig and Whistle/Dog and Duck etc and have a game of darts with a few pints

I'm not saying they don't exist because there is a report in this thread of one on Freedom. However, I have never seen a dart board on a RCI ship. I know Freedom's sister, Liberty, doesn't have one. I know this because we spent a lot of time in that pub hallway during an art tour.

The only dart board I remember seeing on a cruise ship was the Celebrity Summit this past November. Although, it's probably not there anymore. They just built a restaurant in that space during the recent refurbishment.

Edited by Aquahound

:confused: Did you not read my post...the one above yours????????

I'll be honest, I've never seen one. I wasn't sure whether it was there to play darts on or just their to add to the English theme and act as decoration

I'll be honest, I've never seen one. I wasn't sure whether it was there to play darts on or just their to add to the English theme and act as decoration

It may have been, as I didn't see anyone using it, but I did see it there.

Thank you Google! I just found this:

http://www.cruisereport.com/crReview.aspx?id=121

This is a guys review of Voyager and he specifically mentions the dart board:

Be sure to check out the Pig and Whistle Pub. This is a great English pub with great drinks, entertainment and even a dartboard!

The review was from 2001 though, so it may not be used anymore but at least it confirms that it was on the wall and I was not hallucinating:D Maybe the OP's wife can bring her tourney darts and use it with permission.

Edited by BecciBoo

I'm not saying they don't exist because there is a report in this thread of one on Freedom. However, I have never seen a dart board on a RCI ship. I know Freedom's sister, Liberty, doesn't have one. I know this because we spent a lot of time in that pub hallway during an art tour.

The only dart board I remember seeing on a cruise ship was the Celebrity Summit this past November. Although, it's probably not there anymore. They just built a restaurant in that space during the recent refurbishment.

Paul: there is also a cruise review of Freedom on another site that mentions the one on Freedom:

.. The Bull and Bear Pub features a dart room and a guitar entertainer at night

Also found this photo: you will notice a chalk board in the back right corner, that is the hallway, they must keep score on the chalkboard as the dartboard is down past it. Here's another and you can see the hall and chalk board:

307n9d2.jpg

And I just found one on Mariner also in teh Wig and Gavel: Mariner of the Seas You can clearly see the scorboard in the hall on the left in that one.

Edited by BecciBoo

24 photos of Pig & Whistle on Voyager at Voyager-class.com and I could not spot a dartboard. Wondering if they maybe DO have one but it is put up only by request?

Voyager Class Pub Pics

Two Poets on Navigator and Wig & Gavel on Mariner bot have same chalkboard looking thing in the back hallway.

Edited by Sequim88

Im not saying it isnt there but I dont remember seeing a dart board a couple weeks ago on the Voyager.

I do remember on the Navigator that was a hallway with a door as I was in there alot on our B2B

Edited by jonbgd

• 6 years later...

Completely in correct...many ships have dartboard..wish there was a list somewhere though

Yes, I'm sure they would consider darts to be a "weapon" of sorts. Highly doubt their existence on a cruise ship. In 10 cruises I have never seen one. *shrug*

they do exist...been on a few ships with one on....not the stupid soft tip either ... real darts