Review: Carnival Sensation - Feb 22, 2018 sailing!

aimcat

Here is a quick review of our most recent trip on Carnival Sensation. I left the same sort of reviews on the ship reviews section as well, but just wanted to share here as well in case anyone has any questions, etc!

We chose this cruise because this was the only cruise that worked out for a quick getaway for my husband, myself and our friend who had never cruised before. Prior to the cruise I read a lot of negatives. I was a little worried but, I didn't let it bug me.

YES, this is an older ship, its smaller, and it does not have tons of flash like per-say Harmony of the Seas, or newer Carnival ships. This is a great quick getaway or a first time cruisers boat! My first cruise was a Fantasy class like this one and it brought back fond memories of that cruise and what began my cruise addiction!

The ship itself was always clean, all areas that I was ever in was super clean and in tip-top shape. We had a balcony cabin on Upper (6th floor) and it was immaculate in cleanliness. The balcony was also spacious for a room like this as well.

Dining was OK, I have had better, but it is what it is! Breakfast - was eaten at the buffet except for sea day brunch. Breakfast buffet was always packed so I mainly got a bagel and some fruit. Sea Day brunch was excellent.

Lunch - mainly eaten at the buffet or deli, my husband and our friend has the Cantina and Guy's burgers once and said it was delicious. Buffet lunch was typical and just ok. I did enjoy the deli many times for a sandwich.

Dinner - we always ate in the dining room and the food was always pretty solid. My husband did get chicken one day and said it was pretty bland. Everything else we had was great and service was excellent.

Service was excellent throughout anyone we encountered. Wait staff was fast and friendly - this was the case in any dining area. We had the Cheers package so spent a lot of time at the Mirage bar. I will note that Simona and Nancy at the Mirage bar, Loachim at Alchemy bar, and the bar staff in the comedy club were always on their game and some of the best groups of bartenders I have ever encountered! On top of that they are great people as well and so nice and friendly! If you go on this cruise search them out, they will do you right and you will never be waiting for a drink!

Entertainment - The bands that played across from the Mirage bar - Jack Milligan and another band that covered 80s, 90s and modern songs were just top class. Excellent singers and performers and on top of that probably some of the best I have seen on a cruise ship in a long time. We only went to comedy shows by Tim Young and they were hilarious and he is on top of his game.

We did a few trivia games, and Bingo as well. The cruise director Mike Pack is excellent and I suppose his excellent service is also why he will be the new CD on Horizon. He is funny, charming and really helps everything flow well! I was very pleased with the entertainment!

As far as ports we visited Key West and Cozumel. Have been to both before and was pleased to go again! The weather was wonderful throughout the entire cruise and made our port days a blast. As far as excursions I will leave those reviews where they go but we did the Conch Train and La Casa En La Playa - both EXCELLENT!

Would I go on this cruise again? Sure! For a quick getaway and great times I would go again in a heartbeat!

If your considering this cruise or have any questions I will be happy to help! :D

Wowza! What a great review and what a great experience! Thanks for sharing and so glad you had a great time on Sensation! Your comments on the bartenders make me wish I hadn't left my drinking days behind. Also glad you were able to go back to a little old ship after the HOTS and still be satisfied even without quite so many bells or whistles.

For embarkation: we did not have FTTF and if we had it would have been a waste of money. It took literally 10 minutes to be walking on the ship and we got there at 12 and our time was 12:30 but we got right on. Was very pleased. We also carried our luggage off and headed off the ship around 8:30 and that took maybe 15 minutes.

For embarkation: we did not have FTTF and if we had it would have been a waste of money. It took literally 10 minutes to be walking on the ship and we got there at 12 and our time was 12:30 but we got right on. Was very pleased. We also carried our luggage off and headed off the ship around 8:30 and that took maybe 15 minutes.

Great, we leave in a few days and can’t wait.. literally :D:')

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the report....great to see you enjoyed yourself. I just booked this ship for a September cruise with a few girlfriends. This will be their first cruise and probably my 12th by that time. They call me the Cruise Director and looked to me for choosing and booking everything! Any more reports out there? How about 3 sharing an inside room? Any tips for that? I have no idea where on the ship we will be assigned, but I'm kinda hoping it will be midship. Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...