Marina - La Reserve Menu Question

halfapair

We had 2 seatings and we had the drink package on the olife. The 20% discount was given both times

Yes, I did also, but only after having to show the people on board their website where it says that. They gave it to me as a good will gesture, but research into it by my TA found out that it should be only on purchased beverage packages, not the Olife ones.

Thanks everybody.

Just got off the phone with Oceania.

Rep says it has not been posted yet. (If it had been posted and filled, he would see 'sold out' on his screen.)

Not claiming any NCLH employee knows what he's talking about, but he was quite confident it has simply never been posted.

Vertygo you may want to call/reconfirm what you've got.

Shawnino- We're A2, so same class as you. I still see 11/3 open for LaReserve booking & my account shows the date I previously booked. Once you're in the page for dining, click on La Reserve at the left, then "Book La Reserve", the blue bar at your right. The next screen shows "Step 1: Select Menu Preference" where you can click on the Odyssey Menu on the left, which shows available date of Saturday, 11/3. My screen shows us booked on the 7th for the Connoisseur Menu.

Good luck & please let me know if this works for you.

Vertygo

Vertygo:

Can you please e-mail me?

My address is my cruise critic name at gmail.com

I would like to get this sorted out.

I don't know how to post a screenshot but there is literally nothing further to click after I click on the dining tab. (I don't know how to post a screenshot.)

I have tried in two different browsers.

Vertygo:

Can you please e-mail me?

My address is my cruise critic name at gmail.com

I would like to get this sorted out.

I don't know how to post a screenshot but there is literally nothing further to click after I click on the dining tab. (I don't know how to post a screenshot.)

I have tried in two different browsers.

I wonder if you clear your cookies for Oceania if that would help?

Are you using a phone or computer not sure if it makes a difference but maybe

I wonder if you clear your cookies for Oceania if that would help?

Are you using a phone or computer not sure if it makes a difference but maybe

Thanks.

I'm doing 'private browsing' on one browser (Firefox) and made sure it wasn't taking cookies.

On other browser (safari) I reset Oceania cookies.

I think quite simply it's open for some pax and not for others.

Frustrating, if it's not meant to be that way.

Thanks.

I'm doing 'private browsing' on one browser (Firefox) and made sure it wasn't taking cookies.

On other browser (safari) I reset Oceania cookies.

I think quite simply it's open for some pax and not for others.

Frustrating, if it's not meant to be that way.

it should be open to all

maybe give it a try without the private setting in FF

just a suggestion

it should be open to all

just a suggestion

+1

As with ANY business, Oceania is happy to take anyones' money. It is all green.

FWIW, Cookies get a bad wrap but their basic function (i.e. to remember the customers preferences) is not always undesireable.

Try going to the O Site on Explorer, with no privacy settings, and see if it works. :halo:

it should be open to all

just a suggestion

Tried--still doesn't work.

If I get time today I may call O back and hope I get a diferent clerk.

Hi Shawnino - I've just e-mailed you with (hopefully) the screen shots in order. Frustrating!!

Vertygo

Alternatively, either you or your TA can call O direct to set it up

It is really only a matter of deciding on a date and then authorizing the cc charge.

We will be on the Marina for the July 2, 2018 12-Day Baltic cruise and I am looking at booking La Reserve online.

The Oceania website says that there are 4 menus to choose from, but when I go to Booking, there are only three shown, and one is unavailable (completely booked already, maybe?). The new menu, La Cuisine Bourgeoise, isn't even listed as an option to book.

Does anyone know why it's not available?

From the Oceania website, describing cuisine on the Marina, specifically:

"An all-new, elegant seven-course affair, La Cuisine Bourgeoise celebrates the rituals of the table and pairs time-honored flavors with wines that complement the history of the dishes, many of which Master Chef and Executive Culinary Director Jacques Pépin has enjoyed since his childhood."

We found the La Bourgeoisie upon boarding & booked it. Simply the best meal on the ship. We also booked "Connoisseurs", but too many pax cancelled so they cancelled the dinner. I think you'll find the La Bourgeoisie on board. Once on board make your way up to La Reserve & see the meals they are offering & book the dinner of your choice(unless you do it online)

We found the La Bourgeoisie upon boarding & booked it. Simply the best meal on the ship. We also booked "Connoisseurs", but too many pax cancelled so they cancelled the dinner. I think you'll find the La Bourgeoisie on board. Once on board make your way up to La Reserve & see the meals they are offering & book the dinner of your choice(unless you do it online)

A mystery solved, largely thanks to Vertygo and her screenshots.

La Reserve is posted for pax on the cruise Nov 1-13.

It is NOT up for those of us doing the B2B Nov 1-27 as a single booking.

They claim they'll sort it.

glad you got the mystery solved

Although La Bourgeoisie isn't listed on our upcoming cruise on Riviera, it was able to be booked when I called Oceania directly. -- they claim it's not updated on the website. I wouldn't wait until on board to check if it is offered-- It might be available, but not available to book online.

Booked.

Same as BarbaraM for my cruise: C.B. in not on the website but can be booked by phone. That's kinda dumb.

"Dumberer" is that of the five nights they're taking La Reserve bookings, the three evenings where the ship is in port late are La Reserve nights. (I'm convinced the same pattern is what killed 'Chef's Table' on NCL.) We booked the other two, no big deal, but I would think that if they wanted to fill La Reserve they'd do it on sea days or at least on days with a late afternoon all-aboard.

I would think that if they wanted to fill La Reserve they'd do it on sea days or at least on days with a late afternoon all-aboard.

First off, as you will soon learn, they seem to have no trouble filling La Reserve. Most nights are fully booked with dozens of passengers clamoring for more.

Secondarily, and perhaps more pertinent to your point, the issue with the Cruise Line scheduling particular evenings in La Reserve is that the non management staff of La Reserve are recruited from other venues and those employees must commit to working before reservations in La Reserve may be accepted.

Whether this staffing arrangement is by arrangement with Wine Spectator, or due to the single seating 24 person capacity of the room, I cannot say.

• 1 month later...

Questions re La Reserve,

If we book and change our mind once on board is our payment refundable?

The Odyssey menu on our cruise is the 3rd night of the cruise which is usually the Captains welcome aboard party - please correct me if you disagree. What time does the meal start?

How big are the portions of food and wine? I don’t have a large appetite and neither am I a big drinker. Does anyone have any photos of the food served and is willing to post them?

Thanks for any answers :)

Questions re La Reserve,

If we book and change our mind once on board is our payment refundable?

The Odyssey menu on our cruise is the 3rd night of the cruise which is usually the Captains welcome aboard party - please correct me if you disagree. What time does the meal start?

How big are the portions of food and wine? I don’t have a large appetite and neither am I a big drinker. Does anyone have any photos of the food served and is willing to post them?

Thanks for any answers :)

It has been my experience that Captain's Welcome is usually second night.

Portions are not large but I think there are about 5 courses. If you enjoy wine with a meal you should enjoy this.

We have done 3 of the menus and enjoyed all three. The portions are not big and the meal takes about 3 hours from the start with the wine on the deck before you go into the tables. We both like wine with our meals but are not big drinkers so this works well. They will give you more of a wine if you wish but I have never needed more than they poured the first time. By it being over a large time frame you do not really get a big buzz and the courses are easier to enjoy spread out too. I think the official start time is 7:00 but most show up a tad before that. Enjoy. Julia

Yes, I did also, but only after having to show the people on board their website where it says that. They gave it to me as a good will gesture, but research into it by my TA found out that it should be only on purchased beverage packages, not the Olife ones.

I upgraded to the premium package. It was automatically discounted without seeing anybody

Have you been able to make reservations yet? We are booked on 3 b2b cruises starting Sept. 15, 2018 and I am still not able to make reservations at La Reserve. I've called twice and they keep telling "any day now."