Dinner reservations Marina

Misssmb

Hi! I can make my dinner reservations next week for our cruise in November and I am so new to this, that I don't know where to start. We haven't decided on excursions yet as we aren't looking for a run ragged trip. We are more interested in exploring the ports on our own and doing an excursion or two. So, what I was wondering, how do I know or decide on times for the speciality restaurants? Do you do like 7:30ish if you want to attend the shows? We booked concierge level, will they be able to help us if we need to change it around? Any help/suggestions are appreciated!

Hi! I can make my dinner reservations next week for our cruise in November and I am so new to this, that I don't know where to start. We haven't decided on excursions yet as we aren't looking for a run ragged trip. We are more interested in exploring the ports on our own and doing an excursion or two. So, what I was wondering, how do I know or decide on times for the speciality restaurants? Do you do like 7:30ish if you want to attend the shows? We booked concierge level, will they be able to help us if we need to change it around? Any help/suggestions are appreciated!

JMO

Depends on the day

if you sail later & are not back on the ship until 7pm then eat in the GDR or Terrace

If you leave port early like 5pm then just choose a time that works for you

Dinner is usually a 2 hr affair & the shows start @ 9:30pm

I usually book the specialties for days when we depart early or I have no tour & just do our own thing ashore

You may or may not be able to change the time onboard depends again on how many others are wanting the same restaurant at the same time/date

Enjoy

Everyone is trying to reserve specialties at 7:00-7:30 PM on sea days. Flexibility in time and "sharing" will help your quest. You can always try to change/add reservations once on board.

We don't have any sea days as we are in port every day.

We prefer to eat early, at 6 30 and then have plenty of time,,,can go back to cabin to refresh for shows,etc.Or get drink and listen to string orchestra,piano,etc. Then not rushed or stuffed for show.

We also prefer to see ports on own,but 8hrs.or less is more than enough for us. Can get back at 5 and rest till dinner. More relaxing that way.

Since we eat by ourselves, its hard to get another reservation onboard, ex.when we book PH suites.

We prefer to eat early, at 6 30 and then have plenty of time,,,can go back to cabin to refresh for shows,etc.Or get drink and listen to string orchestra,piano,etc. Then not rushed or stuffed for show.

Also, if you show up just as the show is starting it may be difficult to get any seat, much less a desirable seat.

By eating earlier, you can show up earlier and pick your seat - if that is important to you.

Many skip them, but others enjoy them very much. And the nice thing about O shows is that, unlike on the mega ships, you do not have to book them in advance or arrive an hour early to get a seat.

Some of these "no name" performers are surprisingly talented.

We like 6:30 slots and find them tougher to get on port intensive cruises. People are tired and want to eat, then relax.

I don't plan too much around the 9:30 shows but we will go to some production shows. They are decent but if we skip them we are not missing much.

We love the specialty restaurants, you are in for a treat.

• 4 weeks later...

I am allowed 8 dinner reservations which I cannot fully book online. On my first try I got 5. It didn't matter if I wanted to share or not. I could see the open spots. However, I was not able to book. I waited a week and tried again. Got one more booking. My Oceania states that I have 6 out of 8. I can see open slots. I cannot book. Anyone have the same problem?

I am allowed 8 dinner reservations which I cannot fully book online. On my first try I got 5. It didn't matter if I wanted to share or not. I could see the open spots. However, I was not able to book. I waited a week and tried again. Got one more booking. My Oceania states that I have 6 out of 8. I can see open slots. I cannot book. Anyone have the same problem?

Best thing to do is call Oceania and they will help you book the rest.

I had some problem doing 8, it took 3 minutes of "staff" time to help me and resolve it when I called...I suggest you call yourself, it should be no hassle.