Which Ship?? Paradise, Ecstasy, Sensation or Valor??

cruisesmakemehappy

We want to take our twins on a short cruise for their 10th birthday (October 2019). I know the shorter cruises are considered the party cruises, but we do a longer cruise every March so this cruise has to be short so they don't miss too much school. I've been doing research to try and see which ships have Water Works, Guy's Burger, Red Frog Bar, etc. But I am hoping to get some input from those that have been on these ships. Which is better????

I haven't been on the Valor or Paradise, and I haven't been on the Sensation since 2006, so I can't speak for them really except for that if you like purple, you'll love the Sensation! :D

We were on the Ecstasy last year not long after she got all the upgrades you mentioned, and while she's a bit long in the tooth, she was well maintained and we really enjoyed our cruise. We would sail on her again with no problem.

Paradise is a great short cruise ship. With the new additions and recent refurb, she shines. We do these 4-day cruises very often and never feel like they are "booze cruises". Tampa is a very easy port to get in and out of plus, the Florida Aquarium is right next to the ship for some morning fun!

We just got off the Sensation 5 day this past Thursday, 9/20. Much to my surprise it was quite possibly the best cruise I’ve been on. We had an amazing time. It is a Fantasy class ship but it checked all the boxes that were important to us. It helped that we received an upsell to a balcony that was a great deal. The service all over the ship was terrific. Not a bad thing to say about this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We want to take our twins on a short cruise for their 10th birthday (October 2019). I know the shorter cruises are considered the party cruises, but we do a longer cruise every March so this cruise has to be short so they don't miss too much school. I've been doing research to try and see which ships have Water Works, Guy's Burger, Red Frog Bar, etc. But I am hoping to get some input from those that have been on these ships. Which is better????

You picked 3 clunkers and an old ship.

You picked 3 clunkers and an old ship.

Since apparently you've sailed on all four ships, which would you say is better?

Cruisesmakemehappy - of your list I've only sailed Valor and Paradise, with Ecstasy booked later this year. I'm an older lady and loved the decor of Paradise - a lot of Tiffany blue, old Hollywood type. I think the Valor would appeal more to young folks even though to me it felt like I was always in a line for something.

My personal vote would go for any of the Fantasy class ships before the Valor. They feel less crowded and I prefer the layout of the Lido deck on the Fantasy class ships to the tiered layout of the Triumph and Conquest class ships. I've sailed on both the Paradise (pre-2.0 renovations) and Ecstasy and had a great time on both. No, they won't feel as modern or upscale as the newer Dream or Vista class ships, but then again, neither will the Valor.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Paradise, and loved it. Plenty of ship to enjoy. Didn't miss being on a larger ship at all, and actually felt like it was a bit easier to get around. I will be on the Valor over Christmas, so I wouldn't say no to that ship either. I was on the similarly sized Conquest, and loved the ship. But it was a bit difficult at times negotiating around that huge block in the middle of the ship they carve out for the galley.

Did the Paradise, and loved it. Plenty of ship to enjoy. Didn't miss being on a larger ship at all, and actually felt like it was a bit easier to get around. I will be on the Valor over Christmas, so I wouldn't say no to that ship either. I was on the similarly sized Conquest, and loved the ship. But it was a bit difficult at times negotiating around that huge block in the middle of the ship they carve out for the galley.

I’m glad you liked the Paradise That’s the one we picked. We have it booked for October 2019. I currently have 2 cruises (Breeze and Paradise) booked for 2019. I just can’t get enough. :D The block for the galley is such a pain. One of the twins is in a wheelchair so getting around the galley is up and down in an elevator.