Cruise Wedding Questions

Hello!

My fiancé and I are 99% sure we are getting married at sea on a Norwegian Cruise. We are still in the early stages of planning. I have A LOT of questions & would love if anyone has advice/answers to these questions that has done a cruise wedding before.

- What did your Save the Dates consist of? Obviously we know we need to include a lot more info than we could for a typical wedding. I think I'm going to do a wedding website since that might be easier to relay info.

- Did you tell people you were doing a cruise wedding before you decided? Did that affect your decision at all?

- Any regrets or things you wish you did/didn't do?

• 5 months later...

I’m in the process of planning my wedding at sea on NCL Escape. We’re sailing on 10/21 and getting married the first sea day (10/22). So I’ll answer any questions you have the best that I can!

I decided not to do save the dates and skipped right to formal invitations that I sent out a little over a year in advance to give people time to save money and book the cruise. We sent out about 50 invites and have 30 sailing with us. I set up a wedding website, which I included the link on the invite (I can send you our invites if you’re interested) and now that it’s getting closer and we have a guest list, we set up a Facebook page so we can all communicate as a group.

I told family and friends about us doing a cruise wedding and got mixed responses. Some were VERY excited and even booked it before I did. Some were not excited and I heard a lot of comments such as “why a cruise, you can have a bigger and better ceremony here.” This did not affect our decision at all, we were set on this and are happy we decided to keep it like this. Of course, there’s family that can’t make it or afford to come but overall we’re happy.

So far, planning has been simple and my wedding coordinator is amazing. We booked as a group and received perks for that. My wedding coordinator answers my emails very promptly and answers every question I have (which I had a lot of).

There’s not a lot you can do for planning too far in advance. I just found out this week the time and place that my ceremony will be at and booked my photographer and cake but they handle everything really well.

Any questions you have with planning feel free to ask!

• 2 weeks later...
I’m in the process of planning my wedding at sea on NCL Escape. We’re sailing on 10/21 and getting married the first sea day (10/22). So I’ll answer any questions you have the best that I can!

I decided not to do save the dates and skipped right to formal invitations that I sent out a little over a year in advance to give people time to save money and book the cruise. We sent out about 50 invites and have 30 sailing with us. I set up a wedding website, which I included the link on the invite (I can send you our invites if you’re interested) and now that it’s getting closer and we have a guest list, we set up a Facebook page so we can all communicate as a group.

I told family and friends about us doing a cruise wedding and got mixed responses. Some were VERY excited and even booked it before I did. Some were not excited and I heard a lot of comments such as “why a cruise, you can have a bigger and better ceremony here.” This did not affect our decision at all, we were set on this and are happy we decided to keep it like this. Of course, there’s family that can’t make it or afford to come but overall we’re happy.

So far, planning has been simple and my wedding coordinator is amazing. We booked as a group and received perks for that. My wedding coordinator answers my emails very promptly and answers every question I have (which I had a lot of).

There’s not a lot you can do for planning too far in advance. I just found out this week the time and place that my ceremony will be at and booked my photographer and cake but they handle everything really well.

Any questions you have with planning feel free to ask!

Wow that's great info! I'm in the beginning stages of planning as well. Thank you for the info!

• 1 month later...
Wow that's great info! I'm in the beginning stages of planning as well. Thank you for the info!

You’re very welcome! I’m here to answer any other questions you may have now or in the future, my final contracts are in and there’s only 40 days until we sail!