Marina - La Reserve Menu Question

halfapair

We will be on the Marina for the July 2, 2018 12-Day Baltic cruise and I am looking at booking La Reserve online.

The Oceania website says that there are 4 menus to choose from, but when I go to Booking, there are only three shown, and one is unavailable (completely booked already, maybe?). The new menu, La Cuisine Bourgeoise, isn't even listed as an option to book.

Does anyone know why it's not available?

From the Oceania website, describing cuisine on the Marina, specifically:

"An all-new, elegant seven-course affair, La Cuisine Bourgeoise celebrates the rituals of the table and pairs time-honored flavors with wines that complement the history of the dishes, many of which Master Chef and Executive Culinary Director Jacques Pépin has enjoyed since his childhood."

In my experience not all the menus are available on a cruise. It can depend on the length of the cruise, of course, and also the demand. I've heard (not experienced it myself) that if you have enough people wanting to sign up they will schedule another menu (or occasion).

Mura

In my experience not all the menus are available on a cruise. It can depend on the length of the cruise, of course, and also the demand. I've heard (not experienced it myself) that if you have enough people wanting to sign up they will schedule another menu (or occasion).

Mura

So far the Cuisine Bourgeoise is only available by calling Oceania. If the Discovery is the grayed out one, I think it may be that they are discontinuing that one. Best bet is call O

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

The new menu, La Cuisine Bourgeoise, isn't even listed as an option to book.

Does anyone know why it's not available?

The takeaway here is that La Reserve does not (and never did) offer every menu during the course of every cruise.

They are also not open for business during every evening of every cruise. On some nights this venue will be dark.

Reservations should be arranged with these facts in mind.

Same as what we have experienced, some cruises only 1 or 2 nights for dinners. other nights could be used for private parties, wine tasting, or scotch tasting, etc. The special tastings are only available for sign up while on board.

Hi, the information above is not quite correct. You can book all La Reserve menus by phoning Oceania. We just had to do that for the new French menu on a March cruise. Menus are greyed out when they are fully booked but there seems to be a flaw in the system ... if you select a menu and put it in your basket it stays there for days or even weeks, presumably showing the restaurant as full. We booked the Odyssey menu and had it in our basket for 2 weeks before finally paying. We then phoned and asked about the new menu that was not available and got swapped over.

For some reason, Oceania decide not to put all dates up on the online booking system. I think that other dates may also be added later on so that guests can book whilst on board thereby allowing OBC to be used rather than having to pay in advance by card.

I did call Oceania and ask. They said that because the La Cuisine Bourgeoise menu was new it was not yet posted to the website. It's actually scheduled for July 5th, but that is one of the nights we will be staying over in St. Petersburg, Russia, and we are going to eat in the city on the two nights we spend there. So we will miss out on that menu, even though it will technically be offered during our cruise.

Sad. Wish they would offer it on a night that most people would be dining on the ship.

I did call Oceania and ask. They said that because the La Cuisine Bourgeoise menu was new it was not yet posted to the website. It's actually scheduled for July 5th, but that is one of the nights we will be staying over in St. Petersburg, Russia, and we are going to eat in the city on the two nights we spend there. So we will miss out on that menu, even though it will technically be offered during our cruise.

Sad. Wish they would offer it on a night that most people would be dining on the ship.

It is interesting that this menu is not going to be available on Marina until July. We just returned from a Riviera cruise and greatly enjoyed the La Cuisine Bourgeois menu in La Reserve.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is interesting that this menu is not going to be available on Marina until July. We just returned from a Riviera cruise and greatly enjoyed the La Cuisine Bourgeois menu in La Reserve.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's available on Marina. We were on it in Dec and you could book it. It's just not available online.

There were more than a few opportunities to book a La Reserve dinner on board, and this was on a TA.

More generally, is it usually safe to wait until one gets on board to book La Reserve?

We're going to have a lot of OBC and I'd rather use OBC on La Reserve than use cash months ahead...

It's a gamble, we've gone enough that we risk it to pay with OBC. If you're set on doing it it's probably better to book in advance.

If you've purchase a drink package you get a discount. But it's my understanding if you get the package as an Olife offer the discount is not available.

It's also been our experience that you can usually get in while booking on board. They usually advertise it in the Currents.

• 2 months later...

Me again.

Our cruise is a hair less than six months out. (Riviera Nov 1.)

I can't find any options to book La Reserve on the website (Manage This Booking --> Dining tab --> La Reserve on left hand side: "La Reserve Reservations: 0. Perched high atop Deck 12...")

1) Am I looking in the right place?

2) If yes there still hope it'll be offered or if we're six months out is that a bad sign?

Thanks,

S

Me again.

Our cruise is a hair less than six months out. (Riviera Nov 1.)

I can't find any options to book La Reserve on the website (Manage This Booking --> Dining tab --> La Reserve on left hand side: "La Reserve Reservations: 0. Perched high atop Deck 12...")

1) Am I looking in the right place?

2) If yes there still hope it'll be offered or if we're six months out is that a bad sign?

Thanks,

S

You are in the right spot

if there is no "book La reserve" on the right side in blue then they may not have dates for your cruise yet

you could always call O & ask

Hi Shawnino - We're also on Riviera Nov. 1, & booked La Reserve about 2 months ago. I just checked & see that the Odyssey menu is available on-line for Nov. 3.

Would like to know if you called O & their response.

Vertygo

It's a gamble, we've gone enough that we risk it to pay with OBC. If you're set on doing it it's probably better to book in advance.

If you've purchase a drink package you get a discount. But it's my understanding if you get the package as an Olife offer the discount is not available.

It's also been our experience that you can usually get in while booking on board. They usually advertise it in the Currents.

We had 2 seatings and we had the drink package on the olife. The 20% discount was given both times

Hi Shawnino - We're also on Riviera Nov. 1, & booked La Reserve about 2 months ago. I just checked & see that the Odyssey menu is available on-line for Nov. 3.

Would like to know if you called O & their response.

Vertygo

Thanks Vertygo.

I've been checking once weekly. Never esen the opportunity.

May I ask what cabin class you are in? We are in A4 and perhaps it was not opened to our class...

Thanks Vertygo.

I've been checking once weekly. Never esen the opportunity.

May I ask what cabin class you are in? We are in A4 and perhaps it was not opened to our class...

it has nothing to do with the cabin class

Look under "MY ACCOUNT" on O website >manage this cruise then dining > La Reserve look for the blue book La Reserve

If that fails call Oceania or if you used a TA ask them to book the nights you want

it has nothing to do with the cabin class

Look under "MY ACCOUNT" on O website >manage this cruise then dining > La Reserve look for the blue book La Reserve

If that fails call Oceania or if you used a TA ask them to book the nights you want

+1

The Takeaway here is that one pays extra to visit La Reserve, and therefore it is not considered to be one of the Specialty Restaurants.

Any and all passengers may purchase nights in La Reserve, just as soon as the Cruise Line organizes them.

It should also be noted that La Reserve is not typically open for every night of a Cruise.

Also it might be that it's fully booked. It's been my experience that they usually add extra days once onboard.

Just ask the same person in the lobby that takes care of the extra specialty reservations. They'll know if there are any openings or new days added. You could also get on the wait list once onboard.