victory vs sensation

czexrus

The easiest thing to do is to go to the Carnival website and use the compare ship function.

If you are looking for ships with a lot of bells and whistles, these are not it. If you want thrill theater etc, you are going to need to go with much newer, more expensive ships. These 2 ships are much smaller than the ones with all the extras.

I was just going to ask this question because I wanted to go on the Victory but the time frame for the Sensation is more better. I know the Sensation is an older ship but how nice is it compared to the other older ships?

Hello czerexus.

Sorry for some of the non-helpful responses you've gotten.

We've sailed Victory twice and both times were before her recent upgrade. You can see the reviews in my tagline. We were booked on the Sensation but after I read multiple reviews on the Sensation I got a little nervous. Our main goal was to go to Cuba and when I saw Victory was going there and at a better time for us, I booked the Victory and canceled Sensation. If you're not familar with the compare ships feature, you may want to check it out. For me, I prefer bigger ships and Victory is bigger than Sensation.

On the Victory, we enjoy the Piano Bar and the Serenity Deck. The atrium is nice for a drink and to listen to music. The adults only pool is small but we spent some time there and enjoyed it. We do anytime dining and liked the main dining room. We saw a few shows and liked the theater. There's also karaoke which is always fun.

Good luck on your decision.

I was just going to ask this question because I wanted to go on the Victory but the time frame for the Sensation is more better. I know the Sensation is an older ship but how nice is it compared to the other older ships?

How “nice” something is lies in the eyes of the beholder. Thousands of people sail the Sensation each year and have a fantastic vacation. Carnival offers consistent food a service across the board and the differences lie in the details as to what each ship has to offer. We just came off one of her sisters, the Fascination, in March. Having sailed her almost 8-10 years ago, she is as nice as she was then. But having been on bigger ships, we do miss some of the bells and whistles like a steakhouse. But we wouldn’t hesitate to take any ship for a short get away,or even a week, as with the Fascination, where we are in a new and exciting port each day. We spent so much time ashore, the ship was really for breakfast, showering, dinner a quick comedy show, a couple of drinks and early bed as each day we were getting up with the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Victory also has the Alchemy Bar.

I was trying to point out that Sensation had an Alchemy Bar, which is not the norm for Fantasy class ships. I have spent way too much time at the Alchemy Bar on Victory. I have met some of the best bartenders in Alchemy on Victory, with Ionna and Nickolai being two of my favorites.

I’ve sailes on sensation sister ships and they were nice if you like the smaller ones. I sailed victory last year after the interior remodel and had a very good cruise. We didn’t have the guy burgers and blue iguana that upgrade came after my sailing. The buffet lines to me were like any other ship. Going again next July.

Hello czerexus.

Sorry for some of the non-helpful responses you've gotten.

We've sailed Victory twice and both times were before her recent upgrade. You can see the reviews in my tagline. We were booked on the Sensation but after I read multiple reviews on the Sensation I got a little nervous. Our main goal was to go to Cuba and when I saw Victory was going there and at a better time for us, I booked the Victory and canceled Sensation. If you're not familar with the compare ships feature, you may want to check it out. For me, I prefer bigger ships and Victory is bigger than Sensation.

On the Victory, we enjoy the Piano Bar and the Serenity Deck. The atrium is nice for a drink and to listen to music. The adults only pool is small but we spent some time there and enjoyed it. We do anytime dining and liked the main dining room. We saw a few shows and liked the theater. There's also karaoke which is always fun.

Good luck on your decision.

If you’re doing the 3 night in Nov 2019, we’ll be onboard with you.

Come join the roll call- https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2645497

How “nice” something is lies in the eyes of the beholder. Thousands of people sail the Sensation each year and have a fantastic vacation. Carnival offers consistent food a service across the board and the differences lie in the details as to what each ship has to offer. We just came off one of her sisters, the Fascination, in March. Having sailed her almost 8-10 years ago, she is as nice as she was then. But having been on bigger ships, we do miss some of the bells and whistles like a steakhouse. But we wouldn’t hesitate to take any ship for a short get away,or even a week, as with the Fascination, where we are in a new and exciting port each day. We spent so much time ashore, the ship was really for breakfast, showering, dinner a quick comedy show, a couple of drinks and early bed as each day we were getting up with the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with this! Carnival offers a lot of signature activities and services across all ships - they have a Fun Squad led by a visible, energetic cruise directors running around holding activities such as the goofy hairy chest contest at the main pool, several daily trivia and game sessions, and Dr. Seuss activities like the Seuss is on the Loose parade and story time. Alchemy bar, Guy's Burger Joint, and the Blue Iguana Taco/Burrito bar are popular and similar from ship to ship.

The older and smaller Carnival ships tend to be a bit cheaper with shorter cruises that may fit more easily into limited vacation schedules and budgets, while still offering a similar experience to Carnival's newer, upgraded and pricier ships. That's great news for many of us, and there is no reason to avoid one of these cruises.

The ships are still much larger and better for a modern cruising public than the cruise ships of the old days - for instance, the original Pacific Princess used in the 1970's on the Love Boat TV show was 20,000 tons and held a maximum of 750 passengers, compared to the eight ships of Carnival's "old" Fantasy class - all built in the 1990's at 70,000 tons and holding over 2500 passengers. When they were new, these ships practically revolutionized the cruise industry for a mass-market, multi-generation audience.

With all that in mind, if you don't think the ship is what you are looking for, and you really would prefer something newer and larger, and are comfortable with the schedule and price, you will find the upgrade to be worth it. Carnival does a good job of discounting the older ships to equal the quality and deliver excellent value overall.

If I had to choose between both, I'd easily choose the Victory. Dive in movies, fridges in room, and a better serenity area, not to mention other amenities.

I would pick Victory too, but I think the Serenity areas at the aft of ships are nicer since they don't get all the wind that is common on Serenity areas in the front of ships like Victory. I have been on several cruises where the Serenity area at the front of the ship was closed on one or more days because it was too windy there.