Carnival Sensation review Sept 1 thru Sept 6

SouthShore 5

It seems that there were not many reviews for this ship when I was looking for information before we sailed last week. I wanted to share my experience for future sailings. I will say that I was worried about the ship after reading what few reviews I could find.

My husband and I had a great time on the ship and we had no issues at all. We checked in at the airport with the Carnival staff so when we arrived to the ship, we walked right on. Yes, the ship is older but it is being maintained and cleaned consistently. The staff was extremely friendly and acknowledged you any time that they saw you.

The food was fine and we were able to eat plenty while we were on board.

The rooms were clean and the staff was great.

Yes, the bigger, newer ships offer more options, but we were very happy with our experience. I would recommend the ship for someone that is looking for a less expensive option. Yes, my husband and I would both cruise on the Sensation again.

Thanks, we'll be on the Sensation on Saturday. Looking forward to it - we like the smaller ships and don't need all the bells and whistles to have a great time. As long as they don't run out of rum and tequila we're good!

Edited by beachbum6264

Glad to hear you had a great time. We are also on this Saturday’s sailing. We plan on enjoying ourselves regardless of the complaining others seem to do. There’s a Guy’s for lunch and a Blue Iguana for breakfast. It’s almost all I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that there were not many reviews for this ship when I was looking for information before we sailed last week. I wanted to share my experience for future sailings. I will say that I was worried about the ship after reading what few reviews I could find.

My husband and I had a great time on the ship and we had no issues at all. We checked in at the airport with the Carnival staff so when we arrived to the ship, we walked right on. Yes, the ship is older but it is being maintained and cleaned consistently. The staff was extremely friendly and acknowledged you any time that they saw you.

Yes, the bigger, newer ships offer more options, but we were very happy with our experience. I would recommend the ship for someone that is looking for a less expensive option. Yes, my husband and I would both cruise on the Sensation again.

Thank you we will be sailing out of Miami on the Sensation on Nov 1.

Thank you for your review! Like you I was getting a little worried when I had seen some of those negative reviews, especially the ones about the plumbing issues. You helped ease my mind. :cool:

Thank you for your review! My husband and I are sailing out on Saturday the 15th! And we are super excited. If you don't mind me asking what day did elegant night fall on?

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this.  I guess the Sensation is one of those ships that people aren't really checking for since it's older.  I'm going on my first cruise ever on the Sensation in May 2019.  I'm very excited and have been looking for info on Cruise Critic about the ship.