Seaside Questions

Aldri_CA

Hi all,

We're sailing on the Seaside in a couple of weeks with family, and I have some questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to. Hoping someone here can help me out:

1. We have an internet package included in our YC booking. Our e-tickets call it "ISUPRO - Surfer Cruise: Access to social networks, chat apps, web browsing and emails (No Audio and Video)" -- does anyone know how much internet this includes (GBs) and whether you really are unable to watch videos or any kind of graphics with sound? Parents want to know if they can stream movies or shows (e.g., Netflix) before bed.

2. If video is truly unable to be seen, has anyone had experience with upgrading an included internet package? If so, do we have to pay the full new package price or just the price difference between the original package and new package?

3. Previous cruises we've been on have started doing "ship time" over the last 10 years or so, where the ship continues to stay in the time zone of the departing port (e.g., Miami) rather than switching the 1-2 hour time zones of the different ports. This can make it tricky for booking private tours and we want to know if MSC follows this practice or if they follow the actual time zones (and include reminders in the daily planners to change your clocks before bed).

Thanks for your help!

Maybe this will help you, https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/Internet-Packages.aspx

Do you remember which package you have booked ?

Our internet e-ticket says : ISTPOSN - Internet Steamer Cruise Plus - "Full Internet access including Audio and Video up

to 2500MBs + an esclusive 20% more data (total amount 3000 MBs) " The price was 109 euro.

When we board the MSC Splendida we received the highest internet package : 10GB with connection up to 4 devices.

Maybe this will help you, https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/Internet-Packages.aspx

Do you remember which package you have booked ?

Our internet e-ticket says : ISTPOSN - Internet Steamer Cruise Plus - "Full Internet access including Audio and Video up

to 2500MBs + an esclusive 20% more data (total amount 3000 MBs) " The price was 109 euro.

When we board the MSC Splendida we received the highest internet package : 10GB with connection up to 4 devices.

Thanks for your reply.

We didn't book an internet package, it just came included as a promo at the time of our booking. None of the descriptions there seem to match the description on our e-ticket. I guess we'll just have to wait and see once we get on board, though I would've liked to upgrade if possible before we go to avoid the 20% service charge (for internet :rolleyes: )

The standard package is 3gb shared on maximum of 2 devices. Be sure to turn off all apps that will burn through your usage...MSC for me app doesn’t use this, it is intranet and free onboard for all.

I found the connection good and could watch family sent short videos with audio and had a voip video call...it just used up lots of the package and buffered some.

Overall was happy, if you require constant hi-speed connectivity...you might not be fully satisfied cruising.

For us, being mainly offline was part of the vacation from life we wanted.

Cheers, enjoy your vacation!

Thanks for your reply.

We didn't book an internet package, it just came included as a promo at the time of our booking. None of the descriptions there seem to match the description on our e-ticket. I guess we'll just have to wait and see once we get on board, though I would've liked to upgrade if possible before we go to avoid the 20% service charge (for internet :rolleyes: )

The standard package is 3gb shared on maximum of 2 devices. Be sure to turn off all apps that will burn through your usage...MSC for me app doesn’t use this, it is intranet and free onboard for all.

I found the connection good and could watch family sent short videos with audio and had a voip video call...it just used up lots of the package and buffered some.

Overall was happy, if you require constant hi-speed connectivity...you might not be fully satisfied cruising.

For us, being mainly offline was part of the vacation from life we wanted.

Cheers, enjoy your vacation!

Thank you for the info! Fingers crossed we have the package we need, but no biggie if we don't. It is by no means a deal-breaker, just wondered to know what the options were prior to sailing.