Drink package

susan1957

Yes! They are offering the "Drinks on Us" promo for most of their US bookings that sail in the Caribbean. Details can be found on their website. Also- Aurea experience bookings include the Classic beverage package and Yacht Club bookings include the Deluxe beverage package in the cruise fare

Here's a link to a direct comparison of the packages. Drinks On Us is the lowest package, free on most US bookings/sailings. You can upgrade to the classic or deluxe for $18 or $26 per person per day respectively. If you keep the Drinks On Us package you will be charged 15% of the value of each drink as a gratuity. If you upgrade to classic or deluxe before the cruise you will not pay any gratuity per drink nor on the package upgrade cost.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guise%20with%20DRINKS%20ON%20US.pdf

The "Drinks on Us" is "free", although you do pay that 15% per drink. You can upgrade from the free package to either "Classic" or "Deluxe"... the Classic upgrade will cost $18 a day. The Deluxe upgrade would be $26 a day. Neither of those will incur the 15% charge, so you can use that difference to help see if it is worth upgrading for you. Also, consider whether you want specialty coffees or gelato- which are included in one or both of the upgrade packages. Also, the Deluxe option includes your in-room mini-bar, which for some of us would be a great option (do you like to spend a lot of time on your balcony?). There is also the difference in brands available under each package.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/All-Inclusive%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guide.pdf

For a lot of people, the free package is totally adequate. For others, the upgrades are a bargain.

We will be in the MSC Seaside in the near future and was wondering if you can buy an unlimited drink package onboard half way through the cruise. Would it be the same price per day?

I've answered this on the other thread where you posed this question.

I was on the Divina a few years back and loved loved loved their cocktails! I especially remember the Memory Eraser, lol. In these newer drink packages, would I need to upgrade to Deluxe or would Classic be sufficient for most cocktails? I don't know the recent prices, but I know I want those yummy cocktails.