MSC Kept me on hold for over an hour!

asctony

I received an email from MSC on our upcoming cruise on the Seaside offering discounts for certain packages. I call the 877 665-4655 number and was kept on hold over an hour. I finally gave up.

I have never been on a phone with any other cruise line for that length of time.

Apparently they may have 1 person who answers the phone. Would I waste my time trying to call them again? NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I have to agree with you... I have been on hold at times for well over 40 minutes and finally had to hang up! I never experienced this on any other cruise line. There were other times that the wait was only around five minutes... I can't figure it out.. I really don't think they are set up for heavy call volume :(

Considering you are likely the only one to get such an email, that singular phone rep should have been waiting to take your call on demand.

Necessary? Helpful?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've waited as short as 2 minutes, and as long as 45 minutes, depending on the time of day, and if they just opened up a special. I've also experienced this on Celebrity.On Carnival, NCL, and Royal, never more than a couple of minutes.I think the difference is that there is an agency handling MSC's calls, and not really direct to the cruise line, which, of course, isn't based in the U.S.

Try this number 1-844-325-5924. I seem to wait alot less when using it !

Thank you! I will later today. Tried the other number today, even used my YC number and gave up after 30 minutes.

For those of you who get through in minutes, you must have a magic finger when you dial. LOL

To those of you who have tried to be funny, you bombed out. You will never be a comic or comedian.

one day I sat at my computer and did other things while my cell was on hold (I was curious as to how long it would take to get someone on the line)- at 2hours and 45minutes The call was disconnected! I seem to either get through in just a few minutes or get put on hold for over an hour whenever I call

Over the past 3 days I have been on hold for over 6 hours total so far and have not been able to get through. And now it looks like their website is down. VERY loyal NCL cruiser trying out MSC for the first time and so far other than the price MSC has nothing in their plus column to impress me.

I never enter my booking number and usually wait less then 20 min. When I enter the number it seems to put you in a never ending loop

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I finally gave up calling them. I tried various ways to no avail. With my Black Card number, without, reservation, etc.

Not with my time.

Thanks!

This is beyond crazy. Called yesterday and was on hold for an hour before promptly cutoff. Called today and went through the same waiting routine until I finally gave up after 60 minutes. This is simply not the way to do business.

What a coincidence to see this post here on the board, after I waited 42 minutes yesterday in order to have my call answered. I just booked my first cruise with MSC - on YC - and unfortunately such long wait time on the phone is a very poor customer experience. Hopefully MSC will realize how damaging this is to their brand, and will be willing to invest and improve the overall quality of their product, which will support their ambitious growth plans.

Lots of complaints here about poor communications. I just call, text or email my travel agent for all things re MSC, and he just gets it done. Travel agents provide good service, as long as you find a good one, and this is one of those issues which show why they are often better than any perceived benefits for booking direct with the cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of complaints here about poor communications. I just call, text or email my travel agent for all things re MSC, and he just gets it done. Travel agents provide good service, as long as you find a good one, and this is one of those issues which show why they are often better than any perceived benefits for booking direct with the cruise line.

I read this all the time, that it's so important to find a good TA. The trouble is - how does one actually find a good TA? When I was booking a Disney cruise, I researched a TA with tons of experience in DCL and who was very well recommended on the disboards back when it was okay to discuss TAs. Got zero service and it took forever for them to get back to me when I had a question. I had to cancel that cruise so when I booked the next time I went with a big box store.

Now, same issue with MSC. I chose to email a TA to ask if she could take over my booking (which was only 10 days old) as she also had tons of people raving about her. She never even answered my email.

I'm not sold on TAs. :(

I read this all the time, that it's so important to find a good TA. The trouble is - how does one actually find a good TA? When I was booking a Disney cruise, I researched a TA with tons of experience in DCL and who was very well recommended on the disboards back when it was okay to discuss TAs. Got zero service and it took forever for them to get back to me when I had a question. I had to cancel that cruise so when I booked the next time I went with a big box store.

Now, same issue with MSC. I chose to email a TA to ask if she could take over my booking (which was only 10 days old) as she also had tons of people raving about her. She never even answered my email.

I'm not sold on TAs. :(

Sure, many are not that good, as in any service industry. It may take time for you to find one that provides quality service and responds timely. All I know is that if I had to call the cruise lines directly it's more than likely I wouldn't cruise at all. It's just not worth the frustration nor the time to deal with their occasional incompetence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got my first MSC cruise coming up and the process has really been a pain so far. Their website at random times can't pull up bookings, their phone lines are often an hour on hold, plus once you do get through their agents don't actually know what they're talking about. I've asked questions about documents they publish on their own site that they do not know exist. I've had them make up answers just to tell me something. The last time I called in to add a package, it was added and then somehow cancelled the next day, now I have to call in again to get it straightened out.