What's up with Viking River roll calls?

Peregrina651

Cruise Critic has started a dedicated roll call page for Viking River cruises only. In order to find it you can now look under the Roll Call link and scroll down to Viking River Cruises. All the individual Viking threads are being moved to this dedicated roll call.

Other river cruise lines may also have their own roll calls as well but I haven't checked on those.

In a way it's too bad that was done because now people are listing individual river cruises, as opposed to "All 2019 Viking Rhine Cruises", for example. A roll call for a single cruise of < 200 passengers will not get many replies, if any at all.

By having them on the main page, the reminder to do aggregate roll calls could be shared.

I was given no advance notice about this. I raised the same issues as above but have not gotten any reply. In the past they had separate forums for each river cruise line, which was a real Balkanization and did not work – I hope this isn't the beginning of a return to those bad old days!

I was given no advance notice about this. I raised the same issues as above but have not gotten any reply. In the past they had separate forums for each river cruise line, which was a real Balkanization and did not work – I hope this isn't the beginning of a return to those bad old days!

Balkanization. I like that. But considering that there are now over 7000 threads in the river cruise rolls, maybe it is time to Balkanize or at least to separate out the cruise lines that have the most roll calls so that the smaller lines will be easier to find. In the long run, it may actually increase the interest in and use of roll calls. Who knows?

For now, it is a "half vast" job. Only some of the roll calls, and not the ones at the top of page 1, have been moved and that was done a number of day ago. They have been moved out of the All River Roll Call forum and into their own separate but equal forum but a link to the new forum has not been added to the ALL River Cruise Roll Call forum directing people to the new forum. What are they waiting for?

I just checked and I can't see the change.:confused::confused:

Because of recent activity in other threads, the moved threads have dropped down to page 3. Now some threads are in All River Cruise roll calls and others are in Viking River Roll Calls. Very confusing. Go here: Boards and then scroll down to the Roll Call section you will see both sub-forums in the list.

Very confusing and no info re new location.

There are still many Viking river cruise roll calls in old location.

New site difficult to find.

Notice and link to new location would be big help.

Also, please clear Viking from old site.

Because of recent activity in other threads, the moved threads have dropped down to page 3. Now some threads are in All River Cruise roll calls and others are in Viking River Roll Calls. Very confusing. Go here: Boards and then scroll down to the Roll Call section you will see both sub-forums in the list.

Thanks Peregrina and Sturmin. I found it.

Cynthia

Thanks all for the head's up on this.

For this to really work, the forum that is still called "All River Cruise Roll Calls" needs to be-named to "All Non-Viking River Cruise Roll Calls," and the remaining Viking Roll Calls in that forum need to be moved over to the new "Viking River Roll Calls."

Thanks all for the head's up on this.

For this to really work, the forum that is still called "All River Cruise Roll Calls" needs to be-named to "All Non-Viking River Cruise Roll Calls," and the remaining Viking Roll Calls in that forum need to be moved over to the new "Viking River Roll Calls."

Right. They need to finish the job they started and not just drop it in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

I am bumping this thread back up to the top not to renew the discussion but to point out that the job of moving the threads has not been completed and that Viking River Roll Calls can be found in two different places. If you don't see a roll call for your itinerary or date in one place, please check out the other before starting a new thread.

I am bumping this thread back up to the top not to renew the discussion but to point out that the job of moving the threads has not been completed and that Viking River Roll Calls can be found in two different places. If you don't see a roll call for your itinerary or date in one place, please check out the other before starting a new thread.

Viking cruises are now found in THREE different places.

Viking cruises are now found in THREE different places.

Are you telling us that VikingRiver Cruise roll calls can now be found in three different places? Could you please give us links to those three places?

Viking roll calls are in three places but one of those places is Viking Ocean Roll Calls and if Viking River Roll Calls have been moved there, then we are in BIG trouble.

WOO HOO!!!

As of late this afternoon, all of the Viking River Roll Calls have been moved from the All River Cruise Roll Call forum to their own Viking River Cruise Roll Call forum. A sticky has been posted at the top of the All River Cruise forum announcing the change.

Thank you, Laura and Michell!!!

Links to the new Viking River Roll Call forum have been added in a number of places and the name of the All River Cruise Roll Calls has been changed to All Other River Cruise Roll Calls. Hopefully, Viking pax will see the new sticky and the link at the top of the All Other forum and start posting in the new Viking forum.

To eqj60, the old Viking threads cannot be removed from the All Other River Cruise Roll Call forum. The only thing is to wait as they sink down the list with age. One thing that will speed up the sinking process is if roll call members on 2018/19/20 sailings post something to bring their roll call up the the top of the pile (especially ones that are pages down the list and mixed in with the Viking threads that have been moved). I know that bumping is frowned upon but this case just seems like an exception to the rule.

We just all need to be patient during the transition period. If you see a Viking roll call in the wrong place, tell the moderators, use the little blue triangle beside the #1 to report the problem to the moderators. They will move the thread as soon as they can.