Just off Triumph March 6th sailing solo cabin 1206

Oceanxplorer

I just returned from my first solo cruise. Cabin 1206 on the Riviera deck was great. It had a twin bed, large couch, and plenty of floor space. I was very surprised with how nice and roomy it was. There were two large portholes with a good view. I have not sailed on this low deck in a very long time and I had forgotten that I absolutely loved being close to the water and such a good view. I was warned that if the ocean was rough, you could hear a loud bang as the waves hit the bow and at times I did, but it certainly was no bother. The ride was actually quite smooth and we had 14 ft. sea conditions at times which I might add was the only time you could hear the waves, most of the time it was very quiet. I will try to post some pics if anyone is interested, however do not be hesitant at all to book this cabin if you are traveling alone or sharing with another person as it did have an upper bunk above the couch. Oh, and the Truimph is a great ship, beautiful lobby and very nice subtle overall decor. It was one of the nicer Carnival ships I have sailed on and I have traveled on quite a few. The crew could not have been nicer. The cruise director Squishy was not the best I have had, however the cruise director has never been that important to me on a cruise. He was rather low key with few announcements which when I think about it was not that bad!! I will try to post a detailed review later.

also glad to hear you had a good experience...I am cruising on Triumph April 22...I am solo as well but there were no 1As left when I booked, so I had to book an 8A and pay the double rate..I will keep cabin 1206 in mind for future cruise possibilities...please do post a longer review with pics :)

I'd be curious to know which ships have solo cabins. Anybody know? We might sail on the Liberty. Does it have a solo cabin? We have a 21 yr. old daughter who'd be a great candidate for a solo cabin.

There are really no such things as a 'solo' cabin - but the 1As are typically used by solo cruisers cuz the supplement is 150% (or sometimes less) instead of the double rate for other cabins. You can book 2 people into a 1A if you like (and are aware of the fact there are not 2 twins on the floor).

If you are lucky and can book in advance you should be able to snag one of the 1a cabins with portholes (or maybe even the coveted 2444/2445 on some ships if they are still 1as).

If you check the link to my review below you can see cabin 1211 (porthole cabin on the Valor) which I loved!

• 7 years later...