Boston Trolley Tours Which one and how far from pier?

jaja

Hi all....I am thinking of taking a hop on hop off trolley tour in October on Boston stop.

Looking at City View..and hoping someone can tell me how far of walk to 1st stop...near Marriot / Aquarium . Interested in opinions of this trolley trip or one of others someone has taken. Been to Boston before..just wanted something easy to do as a solo with limited walking involved..

Hi all....I am thinking of taking a hop on hop off trolley tour in October on Boston stop.

Looking at City View..and hoping someone can tell me how far of walk to 1st stop...near Marriot / Aquarium . Interested in opinions of this trolley trip or one of others someone has taken. Been to Boston before..just wanted something easy to do as a solo with limited walking involved..

I have been looking at the same thing. First, the Aquarium is quite a walk (over a mile) from the pier as I understand. Old Towne Trolley has a stop right by the pier with a shuttle to the main route - which I feel is a much better option. A relative of mine just used Old Towne trolley and was very happy with it.

I did the Boston Old Trolley - turned left at the pier and walked the 0.2 miles to Old Trolley bus stop 18a where we we purchased tickets at the kiosk. Orange line serving the cruise ships is only going to stop 1. - I have included map in my video - the first part is at 0:15 - enjoy your trolley tour.

3o3_CXjG6Dg

I was hoping to use Old Town Trolley for our stop on October 22. But when I went to purchase tickets online it showed they were sold out that day. I had a chat with o trolley representative and he said they are sold out several days. I said I'd get them thru Viator and he said, good luck, if you can't get on you have to deal with them we can't help you. So we are buying our ticket thru Princess. Cost more but at least we'll have tickets

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was hoping to use Old Town Trolley for our stop on October 22. But when I went to purchase tickets online it showed they were sold out that day. I had a chat with o trolley representative and he said they are sold out several days. I said I'd get them thru Viator and he said, good luck, if you can't get on you have to deal with them we can't help you. So we are buying our ticket thru Princess. Cost more but at least we'll have tickets

Do you want just a Trolley tour or a hop on hop off? Trolley tours purchased through Princess might be just a Trolley tour without the hop on hop off option. Read the fine print description to understand exactly what you're buying.

We bought a Hop on hop off, plan on doing the complete circuit then hop off at a couple places. Again this wasn't my original plan and I didn't realize Old Town Trolley would sell out 2 months in advance. I will check back time to time in case it's a glitch and tickets become available.

I called City Trolley Hop On Hop Off and asked if we could do the entire loop once, then stay on and go around to where we wanted to get off. Then get back on when we were done.

They said no. You are only allowed to go the loop once. So I am still looking for a vendor for a true Hop On Hop Off like we had in Seattle.

This one allowed us to stay on, get off and back on all day.

Hope this helps...

Here's mapquest directions. It is 2 miles from Port to New England Aquarium. NE Aquarium is on the SAME wharf as the Marriott. FYI.

Taken from Marriott's website: You'll find our 4-star hotel on the waterfront in Boston Harbor; the New England Aquarium is next door, and iconic attractions including Faneuil Hall Marketplace and the Freedom Trail are a short walk away.

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/ma/boston/02210/%5B1-99%5D-black-falcon-ave-42.343919,-71.031762/to/us/massachusetts/boston/02110-3309/1-central-wharf-42.359171,-71.049536

I was chatting with Boston Trolley Tours today. Their prices look good and what's included looked good and the hop on hop off route looked good. Below is a code for 10% off .... I think it expires end of August but it's for any ticket you buy now ... Sept. or Oct., etc. You can call them and get more info. (855) 396-7433

Boston Trolley Tours

Discount coupon code TROLLEY4479

That's because of this: https://www.hocr.org/

I was chatting with Boston Trolley Tours today. Their prices look good and what's included looked good and the hop on hop off route looked good. Below is a code for 10% off .... I think it expires end of August but it's for any ticket you buy now ... Sept. or Oct., etc. You can call them and get more info. (855) 396-7433

Boston Trolley Tours

Thanks..will look into it !!!

Boston Trolley Tours

Just an FYI....the coupon is for $1.00 off not 10%. Did a mock purchase!

• 2 weeks later...

Another question about hop on hop off trolley, I understand they close at 5. If we get on at stop 2 at 4:45, do they complete the circuit, or does everyone get off at the next stop at 5. Or do they stop the circuit and return to stop 1 at 5:00? Our ship is in port from 11-8.