Names for new Disney ships: Your guesses?

SmithAlien

Wish and Believe are my two favorites. I think of Disney the minute I hear them. I also like them because they are original and not used by any other line. We already have imagination, adventure, Star, discover, enchantment, etc at other lines. Some names are already used at multiple lines. Would be nice to see something unique.

Wish and Believe are my two favorites. I think of Disney the minute I hear them. I also like them because they are original and not used by any other line. We already have imagination, adventure, Star, discover, enchantment, etc at other lines. Some names are already used at multiple lines. Would be nice to see something unique.

Carnival has used the names Dream, Fantasy and Imagination. NCL has used Dawn, Dream, Pearl and Star (some names suggested by others). Princess has Enchanted (just announced), Sea and Star.

So by the time Disney names their ships, one or more of the suggested name could be used by another. The only one that might be safe is Wish(es).

• 2 weeks later...
Imagination is my clear favorite.

Sounds like another Carnival duplicated name. Disney already has the Magic, Dream, and Fantasy, so what’s one more duplicated name?

I hope that Disney has enough “imagination” to come up with a name that hasn’t already been used in the cruise industry. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DCL obviously doesn't care about duplicated names...or else someone didn't do their homework before the big ones were named!

No matter what, I'll have no influence on the names, so why speculate? What I will predict is that there will be a name announcement for each ship individually with lots of hoopla and media coverage that amounts to free advertising. But this time we won't have Rachel kicking her little foot up.

• 2 weeks later...

When we went on DCL long time ago, they used to pull away from the dock with "When I wish upon a star..." on the horn.  Do they still do that?  I think they had other musical sounds before too.  If so, does that make "Disney Wish" a more unlikelier or likelier candidate for a name of one of the ships?

I was thinking that hopefully whatever name they pick would be something that Walt Disney himself has said as part of a focus, mission, or strength of the  Disney Company.  It would make sense using - Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy.  Interestingly enough, hasn't some of these been used in celebration year and/or parades/firework shows (Fantasmic might be stretching it, Disney Fantasy song for the holidays would be more applicable).

So my best guess:
1)  Believe
"When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." - Walt Disney
2)  Wish
"When you wish Upon a Star" - Jiminy Cricket
3)  Imagination
"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." - Walt Disney
4)  Hope
Remember the theme of Rogue Squadron - "Hope"?  And it's not outwardly Star Wars either.
5)  Pearl
"Bring me that horizon" - Jack Sparrow

I was just thinking about this last night because I will be on the Disney Magic next week.

I thought of the Disney Enchanted (which was mention)

also, the Disney Belle and the Disney Fantasia.

I can not wait to see these new ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bbn1122 said:

I was just thinking about this last night because I will be on the Disney Magic next week.

I thought of the Disney Enchanted (which was mention)

also, the Disney Belle and the Disney Fantasia.

I can not wait to see these new ships.

I doubt that Belle would be in the running.  I can't recall where I read it, but either Walt didn't want to do it, or the entire cruise line world doesn't name cruise ships with "people names".

I think the Fantasia would be a good name, also like i said before, break the mold and go with the originator of the gigantic, popular company:  the Walt Disney. The company is called Disney, so why not a ship?

Believe?  the Disney Believe? Believe what? to me a strange name for a ship, or anything.

Edited by JoseyP
  • Like 1

Disney Animation - OMG a ship dedicated to the rich history of all the movies and cartoons!

Disney Star - dedicated to all things Star Wars

~conversely~

Disney Skywalker - They own the Star Wars franchise - dare they go for it?

Disney Marvel - All things Marvel comics and the MCU!

• 3 years later...

I’m just going to bump the thread a bit here,  but I think people are expecting an announcement of the 2nd Triton Class name at the D23 Expo this year. This corresponds with announcement of the Wish’s name reveal 2-3 years before its launch. So it would only be right for Disney to announce it this year for the delivery of the 2nd ship in 2024. My guess is maybe because of the 3rd ship coming right after in 2025 we could see them announce the rest of the names because the next D23 is in 2024 which is slightly too late to announce the 3rd ship as it will be delivered in 2nd quarter of 2025 which doesn’t give enough time for bookings and reveals of new features. 

So, Disney should reveal the name of the 2nd ship in a few weeks at D23 Expo 2022 and also expect the announcement of the 3rd ship as well.

As DCL Fan covered about a year ago there are two other names on the Disney Cruise Line collection of merchandise. Those names being, “ Imagination”, and, “Adventure”, which I think are good names, but I think, “Adventure”, should be changed to, “Enchantment”, which reflects the Disneyness of the Cruises.

How about the Disney Sequel or the Disney Remake? Possible the Disney Mo Money? 😄

I love Disney, I have a Disney cruise coming up in December, and I do say this in joking. There is a lot of truth in this though. But as the good book says, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks,"