Help on getting dinner reservations...

Any advice on getting a reservation at a restaurant that is booked? My husband wants to eat at Cagneys but we booked yesterday and no reservations. Any idea what to do to get in on a cancelled one? On board? Thanks!
Just make a reservation as soon as you board[emoji6]

Any advice on getting a reservation at a restaurant that is booked? My husband wants to eat at Cagneys but we booked yesterday and no reservations. Any idea what to do to get in on a cancelled one? On board? Thanks!

Online advance reservations are only a portion of the capacity for each night. Make sure you go to one of the electronic boards as soon as you board and you should see availability.

normally they save about 1/2 of the reservations for on board reservations. We always book our dinner reservations as soon as we get on board. Well maybe not as soon, first we grab that drink and lunch at O'Sheehan's. The only problem we have had is, timing. Sometimes we have to settle or 1/2 hour sooner or later than we wanted .

If it is just you and your husband, go to the Hostess Stand at the restaurant and ask if there is space available. You might have to wait a few minutes for a table, but they will try to accommodate date you if possible. As a solo passenger, I never make dinner reservations and am always accommodated.

If it is just you and your husband, go to the Hostess Stand at the restaurant and ask if there is space available. You might have to wait a few minutes for a table, but they will try to accommodate date you if possible. As a solo passenger, I never make dinner reservations and am always accommodated.

i would not do this.

i would beeline to the rezzie desk as soon as you board (only because a line will form) and make it there. you should get in for the day and time you want.

I agree with this. If you can't secure a reservation through one of the kiosks, just go to the hostess stand. Hubby and I were able to get into a sold-out Le Bistro on our Epic cruise by doing this and waiting about 20 minutes. We were so happy it worked! Would be tougher to pull off if your party is larger than two, I would think.

I'm curious, as a fellow solo, why do you not make reservations?

Sometimes there are staff members in the terminal during embarkation, trying to sell specialty dining packages (and book times for them) even before people board. I haven't tried this, but you might ask one of them if they can make a reservation for you. If not, then I agree, head right to the reservation desk as soon as you board.

Good luck!

I'm curious, as a fellow solo, why do you not make reservations?

Me too - I'm a solo traveler and is confused with why didn't make any reservations.

I would still reserve because I learned my lesson when I cruised the 2nd time on NCL.

I chosen the specialty dining promotion and was able to use up all 3 of the specialty meals, but it was very late at night around 9-10 pm. Plus I wanted to go to Cagney's again & it was all booked up for the whole cruise week so I had to decide on another restaurant.

I'd definitely make reservations onboard if it is important to you to get in to a specific restaurant. Having said that, my DH doesn't like to be "tied down" to any specific dining time; he likes to go when he feels like it, so we haven't made reservations except once on our anniversary in the past. However, he watches the screens on the ships to see where dining is available, and we've been able to walk right up to Cagney's and get seating - and that was around 7 p.m.

But for our cruise in November I've already made all our dinner reservations. Shhh...don't tell him. He's going to have to just obey me.

As soon as you board, head to Headliners, Dec 6 Mid. They will have a reservation center set up to make and change reservations.

Trying to do walk in is bad advice,,,, unless you don’t mind waiting until 9:30 to eat. If the weather is nice and people are eating outside, there may be a few more tables available,,,, but reservations are usually a must. Cagney’s and Teppanyaki are the most popular restaurants. Hard to get reservations during prime time.

As soon as you board, head to Headliners, Dec 6 Mid. They will have a reservation center set up to make and change reservations.

Trying to do walk in is bad advice,,,, unless you don’t mind waiting until 9:30 to eat. If the weather is nice and people are eating outside, there may be a few more tables available,,,, but reservations are usually a must. Cagney’s and Teppanyaki are the most popular restaurants. Hard to get reservations during prime time.

BirdTravels is right. In my prior comment I should have specified that we tend to eat dinner late, and maybe that's why we were able to snag a table at Le Bistro around 8:30 with a 20 minute wait.

Are the reservations open at that time (the ones that they hold back until you board)?
Yes :) I was able to book 4 nights that were previously full...all from the comfort of my pier seat.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Over 50% of the time slots are reserved for booking on board. Go by the reservation table after you board and you should have no problem getting a reservation.