Included Airfare?

Hello All: First time RSSC cruiser here. Booked for June 2019, Venice to Monte Carlo on the Explorer. We are letting Regent arrange our air for us, which is something new for me. On Cunard, HA, and Celebrity, I have always made my own arrangements as I am a control freak when it comes to my air travel (just ask my secretary, who has a chart of where I like to sit on a plane based on time of day and season of the year, but I digress....) I have a few questions that I hope you Regent experts can answer for me.

1. My understanding is that you can request an air "deviation" 270 days in advance of your cruise departure date for an additional fee. Is that correct?

2. I further understand that the fee is $175. Is that per person for a RT itinerary, or is it per person per flight or flight segment.

3. If I do a deviation, can I choose the flights? There are 3 or 4 itineraries that are acceptable.

4. Once the reservation is made, do you receive an airline confirmation number so you can book seats? I would hate not to be able to sit next to my other half for the international segments of our flights (we are departing from SFO and I want to fly directly to Europe to avoid a domestic connection.)

5. Can you accrue FF miles on tickets purchased through Regent?

6. Is there any other information that I should consider before proceeding?

7. If for some reason I don't want to purchase my air through Regent, can I change my mind and still get the credit?

Thank you in advance for your wise and useful feedback.

Cheers!!!!

Hello All: First time RSSC cruiser here. Booked for June 2019, Venice to Monte Carlo on the Explorer. We are letting Regent arrange our air for us, which is something new for me. On Cunard, HA, and Celebrity, I have always made my own arrangements as I am a control freak when it comes to my air travel (just ask my secretary, who has a chart of where I like to sit on a plane based on time of day and season of the year, but I digress....) I have a few questions that I hope you Regent experts can answer for me.

1. My understanding is that you can request an air "deviation" 270 days in advance of your cruise departure date for an additional fee. Is that correct?

Yes - that is correct.

2. I further understand that the fee is $175. Is that per person for a RT itinerary, or is it per person per flight or flight segment.

3. If I do a deviation, can I choose the flights? There are 3 or 4 itineraries that are acceptable.

Yes you can but they need to be on airlines that Regent has contracts with (they have contracts with most major airlines). We give our 2-3 top choices to our TA who interfaces with Regent. 99% of the time we get the flights that we want. You do not pay the deviation fee until you are in agreement with the flights.

4. Once the reservation is made, do you receive an airline confirmation number so you can book seats? I would hate not to be able to sit next to my other half for the international segments of our flights (we are departing from SFO and I want to fly directly to Europe to avoid a domestic connection.)

I have been told that you can but do not know this as a fact.

The number one thing that I tell people new to Regent is to have a TA that regularly books Regent and/or other luxury cruise lines. Some TA's are excellent with other types of travel but if they are not familiar with Regent, they cannot answer your questions and most of all, you will miss out on getting a percentage back on your cruise fare and likely (on most itineraries) will get on board credits.

7. If for some reason I don't want to purchase my air through Regent, can I change my mind and still get the credit?

Absolutely!

Cheers!!!!

Responding to your questions in red under the question. Hope that this helps!

It is per person for the full round trip or any part. You can deviate one way and take Regent's flight the other way. And, you can change what you chose after you pay but, you will have to pay another deviation fee.

In the past I have but can depend on the ticket and how it was purchased.

We have gotten miles in the past but, again depending on the ticket purchased, might or might not.

Yes but, the longer you wait, the more expensive the flights might be or be available.

Cheers!!!!

See additional information above in blue.

A little clarification about Dave's post (which interestingly appeared in pink rather blue:-):

I missed your question #2. My experience is different than Dave's on this one. If you decide to do a deviation one way, you receive 50% of the air credit (we did this for our upcoming November sailing). The $175/person includes your round-trip flights - no matter how many legs you do (and hopefully you can find a direct flight from S.F.)

I also missed question #4. People residing in the U.S. can definitely "change" seats. I use the term "change" because Regent books the seat for you. If you are booked on Lufthansa and British Airways (the airlines that we use most often when flying to Europe) you can change your seats on the airline's website which is an amazing thing for BA as they charge quite a bit to reserve seats in advance. On Air Canada (and likely other airlines), you have to call the airline to select or change your seats.

Not sure what the comment about the longer the wait the more expensive the flights will be means. We have deviated on most of our 31 Regent cruises and this is not the case. However, you have more choices when you book 270 prior to the cruise rather than at a later date because the flights could be full. Note: Regent contracts for a certain number of seats for each flight. Therefore, even though the flight isn't full, the number of seats available to Regent could be. There are some airlines that require an additional charge but we have only encountered this a couple of times (on BA when Regent was not contracted with BA in Canada).